Outrage and Call to Arms, Economist article

jpl2ci

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, I can relate to why the guy still signed. I have my CI but still lip read. I'm told by my audiologist that it is so ingrained in me that I probably will always use it even though I am hearing. I'm trying to listen more and admit that it is definitely harder to do especially the rehab but its practice, practice and more practice. Did anyone watch the Today show? I am so happy for her. But must admit disappointed in that they didn't delve deeper into the issue of CI vs no CI and why the column was so negative. It did give a positive spin though which is what's needed.

Yes Sandy, after thinking about whole situation I have concluded the same although there is still a grain of wow because hearing loss (mine and of that guy) is not even similar to yours. With HA we actually function very well because our bone conduction is good. Because of that we have more problem of understanding in busy environment than hearing loss in general.

But final conclusion was similar to yours - our first years designate us long after we actually start to live and we are not even conscious of that.

Good to remember.