HLAA convention

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok so how many of you have attended the HLAA convention? If not have you thought about going? do you even know what convention I am talking about?

I have not been but would love to go to the next one which I think is in texas next time.

There's some big hearing-relatec conference going on this weekend relatively near me: Boston.  It seems you could not go for just one day but rather had a choice of paying for either 2 or 3 days - so I couldn't go but I think I will definitely plan on it for next year if it's in Boston again.  I'm not sure if it's an annual Boston one or not.  I did see that MedEl was one of the sponsors.

To answer your question: yes!  I would definitely love to go to one next year.  By then I'll have the CI working for me and I would love to meet other CI folks, learn about new available technology, see what's going on that I have no idea about right now.  I would not fly to Texas to do it though; I'd wait until it was in the Northeast.

• HearPeers Heroes

Lisa, Im not sure which one is going on this weekend but the HLAA convention 2014 is in Austin Texas June 26th - 29th

Oh, it was the Northeast Cochlear Implant Convention (NECI) that was in Boston this past weekend.

Hmmmm, maybe I will save my $$ and consider a trip to Austin.  I've always heard it's the best city in Texas - is that true? Smile

Lisa and Adam, Austin has a great slogan, keep Austin weird. It is a great place, lots to see, eat, drink, etc. .... I went to HLAA in Portland, OR this past June and will hopefully be going to next year's one in Austin. Manchester, Boston and Charleston are all served by Southwest. If I go I will probably drive.

• HearPeers Heroes

Lisa , I have not heard of that one. will check to see if there is a website and check it out.

• HearPeers Heroes

Giddy up! John we will fit right in at the Austin conference. Depends on cost of trip