Complaint about Rondo's protective cover

Leblisa

I think it's smart that MedEl gives a silicone protective cover for the Rondo, minimizing chance of damage if it's dropped.  But why, after taking the time to offer the Rondo in various colors so you can match it to your hair, do they not also offer the silicone cover in colors?

My Rondo is completely invisible when I don't use the clear/opaque protective cover but very noticeable, when the cover is on.

If anyone from MedEl central is listening, I'd like one in dark brown please.

Lisa, you and I are one of the few people I know who wear the protective covering. Do you use either one of the tethers that came with the RONDO? I would also think that with your long hair, unless you've gone to the Adam Fitzgerald look, that the RONDO would be completely hidden. No? Well anyway, what do I know!

• HearPeers Heroes

I would guess it is more of an either or instead of both. if you use the tether than you dont really need the protective cover. The tether would really do me no good (thanks for pointing that out john) so I would opt for the cover. I probably would not use both. That is if I had hair.

Remember I do not have a Rondo and haven't even seen one in person so this is strictly my opinion.

My son isn't wearing the tether wires or the clear covering with his Rondos. It made me a little nervous when we first switched processors, but it hasn't really been much of a problem. When we switched to #3 magnets, they stay on surprisingly well. Regarding the colors, my guess is that the Rondo is only the first generation single-unit processors. That may be why there are only four colors to choose from. I would expect changes to be seen in the 2nd generation based on the feedback. It wouldn't surprise me if additional colors would be added to the processor and possibly the covering.

• HearPeers Heroes

I wear both the silicone protector and the tether just as a safety measure when and if the Rondo falls off and it has happened. Lisa, I like the idea of colours too!

• HearPeers Heroes

Patrice, That makes sense. No reason to come out with all these colors and accessories to find out people hate it. The opus 2 had just a few colors to choose from in the beginning and now look at what they have to offer. I guess this will be a lesson in patience,

I do use the thin tether it came with as well - and it's a good thing too!  I've accidentally knocked it off a few times even though I've a #4 magnet; my head and hair are both pretty thick.

For most of my life I've worn my long hair pulled back at the sides with barrettes to keep it out of my face (since I couldn't put it behind my ears) and I'm still wearing it that way - and that's why it shows.  If I make a pony-tail then I can have hair over it to hide it.  I guess I need to experiment with hair styles and perhaps be daring enough to not wear the cover some days, as long as I use the tether (which works great, BTW!).

After a month I will have to decide whether to keep the extra Rondo or exchange it for another Opus2 and so far I'm inclined to keep the Rondo; I really like it, even though it entails the added cost of batteries.  My audi said my 'impedence' is quite low and that would prolong battery life, so maybe the cost won't be too bad.

Patrice,

Personally I'd insist on the tether if it were my son; they are really not THAT hard to knock off and how awful if it got stepped on or something before he had a chance to grab it.

Oh, I just reread some posts: I'm perfectly happy with the range of Rondo colors, I just wish the protective covers would also come in those same colors.

• HearPeers Heroes

You would think that would be an option but maybe sometime soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

It seems like the tether might feel a little weird haging on your hair. I think that would bug me if i used it.

Adam, the tether is so thin and light you don't know it's there at all! and it clips to the hair very easily and, best of all, unclips and pulls out of the hair more easily than I'd expected.

• HearPeers Heroes

Actually, I have very short hair and I don't notice it at all. To me it's just another safety precaution. Lisa, I had one person say to me I would have to let my hair grow long to hide the Rondo. My response was "Not!". I am totally comfortable with it and it is such a great conversation piece! Also, when someone asks about it, it's a way to educate people! I tried matching the colours with my hair but since I change the colour frequently, I didn't bother. Definitely, didn't like white!

Hi Lisa,

I will make sure that your comment gets passed on to the appropriate departments and will contact you privately to get some more information.

I've enjoyed reading about your first week with the RONDO.

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing your story!

Thanks Charles; I had a feeling you'd make an appearance.

I have to say: even though I'm only in my 3rd day of being activated, I've just decided I want to keep the optional Rondo.  I'm trying to be fair to Opus 2, a very nice, sleek BTE processo, and did put it on this morning, but ended up switching back to the Rondo by lunchtime.

I LOVE my little Rondo!  It's small, light, so easy to take on & off and really love not having ANYthing on my ear.  I'm very thrilled with the feeling and convenience of it.

('Rondo' is also a cute name.)

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes and there is even a car named Rondo! Love mine too. I forget I have it on!

I think I'm going to start calling 'him' Rondie.  He's my little buddy.

(yes, my husband thinks I'm weird too)

• HearPeers Heroes

Weird is good. At least we aren't boring. Life is an experience and we are lucky to experience more than most! I'll stop now with the philosophical.