Would you be interested in a direct to Sonnet/Rondo streaming?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Assistive tech is a very individual experience.  Everyone has her own preferences.  Here are some of my favorites....

7A805BC6-5658-453C-AC4F-6FD9163BC4EC.png

40390793-658C-4548-9843-9980B3EAB0BB.png

AF2C862A-C49F-4050-B681-F036C8E3E483.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks again @Mary Beth. When I was flying up the plane was awfully noisy. Does that mean that when I get the CI and fly I have to wear headphones similar to your Bose headphones?  

• HearPeers Heroes

The Artone 3 MAX is way smaller and lighter than the Quattro4.

I believe Sonnet kits ship with Roger Pen and Roger 21 receiver.

Possibly Rondo only kits ship with Roger Pen and Roger MyLink.

Two processor kits ship with only one Roger Pen and one type of Roger receiver.

Roger items can not be purchased directly from Phonak in the US and Med-El USA said they are not selling them directly to users.  So options are......your CI center or online (like Connevans in the UK which ships internationally)....if you wish to purchase additional Roger items.

I use my Artone with my Sonnets and with my Rondos and it works great.  I recently ordered a second one for long streaming days.  (Amazon or Harris)

Best BT sound quality with my Sonnets though is BOSE QC35 noise canceling headphones.  There are quite a few of us who have fallen in love with them.  Awesome bass tones.

• HearPeers Heroes

Options for peaceful flying with CIs.....

smile.....we can just pop off the coil....smile.  

BOSE QC35 noise canceling BT headphones work great for me on planes.  I love them.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Haha... Pop off the coil! Why didn't I think of that? I definitely need to go over all the stuff and decide what I want to get. 

The MED-EL rep gave me a candidate book so I have lots to read when I return home to Jamaica. 

Good morning @Mary Beth and Hi @Jewel

Artone is lighter. I have the Quattro 4.0 and I find it pretty bulky but it does the work.   

I recently got the Roger Pen and in find it user friendly and functional.  Yes there is a battery door that included a reciever,  but the Pen itself has the microphones that collect the sounds.  The pen and the designated battery door together,  work in three ways:   phone calls,  media streaming,  and delivering sound from the Pen's microphones.   

Best of luck @Jewel 

Hope I was able to help 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

Which Sonnet battery covers were in your Sonnet kit?

-standard battery cover 

-Roger 21 receiver/battery cover

-Euro plug battery cover with 3 holes on the bottom

-micro battery cover

@Mary Beth 

Standard cover plus 1 back up

Roger 21 cover  (reciever)

Not sure if I understood correctly @Jewel are you planning to use Artone with Rondo, in case you get one?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

I was wondering if the Euro battery cover was no longer included since the Roger 21 integrated battery cover is now in use. Thanks.

@Jewel

You may want to price things before you chose the one for your Med-El kit.  It is easy to purchase an Artone later if you wish and it is much much cheaper than the Roger Pen and Roger 21 receiver that you can opt to include in your kit.  Cheapest and easiest way to obtain the Roger Pen and Roger 21 Sonnet receiver is to select that option in your activation kit.  Just something to think about.

• HearPeers Heroes
28 minutes ago, Nikki said:

@Mary Beth 

Standard cover plus 1 back up

Roger 21 cover  (reciever)

Not sure if I understood correctly @Jewel are you planning to use Artone with Rondo, in case you get one?

Yes @Nikki

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

and CozyPhones work great with my Rondos (plug into headphone jack) and only cost $20!

• HearPeers Heroes
7 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Nikki

I was wondering if the Euro battery cover was no longer included since the Roger 21 integrated battery cover is now in use. Thanks.

@Jewel

You may want to price things before you chose the one for your Med-El kit.  It is easy to purchase an Artone later if you wish and it is much much cheaper than the Roger Pen and Roger 21 receiver that you can opt to include in your kit.  Cheapest and easiest way to obtain the Roger Pen and Roger 21 Sonnet receiver is to select that option in your activation kit.  Just something to think about.

Yes that is what the MED-EL rep recommended to me on Wednesday..... To get the Roger pen as part of the kit. @Mary Beth

So I was planning to get the Artone via Amazon. 

• HearPeers Heroes

So on the topic of the Rogers pen etc, since my first Sonnet doesnt ave a compatible battery door it wouldn’t work in stereo right @Mary Beth? I will definitely have to ask these questions next week. Q

Kara this is correct.   But once you have the Roger system,  all you will need is the reciever battery door,  and you can network these two recievers to your pen!  

I'm sure this would get you excited!!!

@Kara of Canada

• HearPeers Heroes

I am in the process of making a list of questions for next week. So I’ll add that. Thanks @Nikki

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki is spot on!

@Kara of Canada

Just purchase one more Roger 21 receiver/battery door and you will hear the same sound in two ears.  It is not like stereo BT headphones that deliver different musical info to the right and Left sides.  For that experience, BOSE QC35 BT headphones!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@2Ears2Hear

This topic has info on what we are discussing too.

• HearPeers Heroes

I just spent a week off the grid at my brother's cabin and had my Artone 3 neckloop so I could continue with rehab.  It is excellent.  Easy to use, clear sound, very light around the neck.  It's really great.  And, @Jewel, I think I only paid maybe $140 on Amazon.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Mary Featherston. I plan to order the Artone and the Bose headphones before I go up for my preop. Since I have recruitment hearing, the plane is extremely loud to me right now so I'm hoping that the noise cancelling function on the Bose headphones will make everything quiet for all the flights I have to take for the mappings. 

• Like 2