Listening to musical notes or the lack of....

mgfiest

I use Angel Sound and in one mod that use musical notes and shows in HZ. The 1000 hz to 1050 hz notes are hard to distinguish. The notes from 1050hz and higher are very easy for me to distinguish.

Realize I am only 6 months with CI. Am I still in the learning mod or does my Aud have to fix something?

• HearPeers Heroes

@mgfiest

Great question.  For me when we make changes to my MAPs, the location of the trickiest piano pitches to hear correctly shifts.  Using the app, Auralia Pitch Comparison, I can see the exact note that is tricky for me since it displays the notes on a musical staff after you respond.

Are you using a Sonnet processor?  If so, have you tried musical pitch in an omni program?  If you are using the Roger Pen, BT neckloop or DAI cable it defaults you to omni.  Omni works best for me with music.

So to try to respond directly to your question......maybe a bit of both.  Time may improve this and an alteration to your MAP may also change this (shift it to a different frequency area, make it go away or give you more problems).  Unfortunately some of this fine tuning is trial and error.  You may want to keep your present MAP in a program slot and experiment with the other slots.  That way if you don’t care for the changes, you still have your present MAP to use.

One reason why I prefer the Auralia Pitch Comparison app for musical pitch training is that the piano notes sound great.  I think the app cost under $2.

• HearPeers Heroes

@mgfiest

We are an Apple household, sorry.

I believe Meludia would work....at least their computer version.  There is a fee but they may still offer one month free.

• HearPeers Heroes
19 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

A0428F4C-AE35-4F7C-BB2E-DCFA22D0ECA2.gif

Nice chart. I play Bass with a low E at 42.2Hz. My instructor has a 5-string with a low B at 30.86Hz which I was able to hear clearly. I want one of those!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Bass tones in music are so much fun!