April 2018 surgeries and activations

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes
1 minute ago, Jdashiell said:

@Kara of Canada , I am happy to hear of your *success*!

I received a Roger Pen in my first of 3 activation left ear kits last year and used it in my right ear only and found it very helpful. I can use it  restaurants, or meetings and am able to communicate well.  The Quattro I used prior to CIs has been very helpful to hear but I am without microphones so there is a tradeoff. Life remains a challenge.

As for my bilateral hearing, now that I am 2 weeks post activation and have had two adjustments to date I am relearning to hear again on the left. It is still a challenge but improving slowly day by day. I try to wear the left processor alone as much as possible. 

Joe

Great to hear @Jdashiell sorry I forgot to ask how your doing. I have a Quatrro 4 as well. It is working well. I tried AB CLIX today. I did too well! So I downloaded Angel Sounds to see how that goes this afternoon.  I am hearing so well it seems natural with the two again! Keep up the great work everyone! 

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes
29 minutes ago, Kara of Canada said:

Great to hear @Jdashiell sorry I forgot to ask how your doing. I have a Quatrro 4 as well. It is working well. I tried AB CLIX today. I did too well! So I downloaded Angel Sounds to see how that goes this afternoon.  I am hearing so well it seems natural with the two again! Keep up the great work everyone! 

Wow, @Kara of Canada that's great!  Such good progress so quickly!

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Kara of Canada said:

Well my dear friends it is amazing! Of course it’s like a new implant it needs speech recognition first and for most so that’s where I’m starting. Background sounds sound normal but speech is garbled and “Donald Duck” sounding. F and E’s are tough. So I’m working on them. As for activation it went well! I cried a bit of course! To hear in two ears! I got the Rogers pen in my kit. But I’m not happy it will be about $700 to get another boot for my other ear. So that’s out of the question. I’ll stick with my neck loop. 

Lots of sounds to get used to. Many are quite loud but I have seen an improvement there already in one day. It’s all about relentless forward motion. Good luck @Jackie Erickson and @Mary Featherston keep up the hard work!! 

I'm so glad to hear that everything's going so well for you, @Kara of Canada!  Waiting breathlessly for next Wednesday. 

Congratulations, Kara, on your activation. :D

• HearPeers Heroes
7 hours ago, Mary Featherston said:

I'm so glad to hear that everything's going so well for you, @Kara of Canada!  Waiting breathlessly for next Wednesday. 

4 hours ago, Jackie Erickson said:

Congratulations, Kara, on your activation. :D

Well I sure hope it goes as well for both of you,?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Just checking in on you Joe to see how things are progressing with your new CI?