Is there any way I can reach Medel HQs in Austria?

stream2525

• HearPeers Heroes

They don't respond to messages I send through the contact form in their website. When I send messages to their FB page, all I get is that I need to talk to the local representative.This is not working at all because I don't have a local representative and I need to travel to get my CI, and in the country where I am travelling to they have no flexible arrangement of any kind.

I need to know if I can reach Medel head office before I confirm my switch to Cohclear brand. I had very bad experience with Medel offices which I contacted or went to . I selected Medel to get Rondo2 . This is the credit I found over other brands, but I need to have the surgery soon and willing to wait for the release of Rondo2 to be activated with. the representative in that country says that they can't give me Rondo2 later , no trading and the only way will be that I buy the processor.

In many other countries they offer a loaner until the new processor , and I asked for this. they refused. Either I wait until Rondo2 is released then I have the surgery or no way to get it other than buying it.

I don't think that this is good customer service. People in USA are getting vouchers for free Rondo2 , and they can at least give me a loaner until the new processor is released. 

I am just trying to open a window for a hope, because this week I need to decide on the implant and I am almost switching to Cochlear. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@stream2525I am surprised that you're having problems reaching Med-El HQ. I reached out to them via twitter and their website and they contacted me promptly in both cases. Like you, I don't live in a country with a Med-El office. Hope our moderators arrange contact for you promptly. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
9 minutes ago, Jewel said:

@stream2525I am surprised that you're having problems reaching Med-El HQ. I reached out to them via twitter and their website and they contacted me promptly in both cases. Like you, I don't live in a country with a Med-El office. Hope our moderators arrange contact for you promptly. 

Maybe they didn't want to answer my questions. I am only trying something before I officially forget about Medel. I read that Medel is well known of their good customer service , but this wasn't my experience. I am a person who likes to be treated with respect and ignoring my many messages isn't a sign or any good customer service. 

I contacted both Medel and Cochlear in that country and Cochlear sent me dozens of emails and has been in contact with me to an extend that had bothered me. I went to Medel office there and wasn't happy with what happened in that visit at all. The way and the treatment wasn't respectful . 

I am a kind of a person who doesn't like to complain , and when I have bad experience with somehting I just disregard it. I read that in many countries they make flexible arrangements because they know that people want to get Rondo2. There might be a way to get something like that done for me. I have already spent so much money travelling outside my country and now waiting to decide on the brand. The problem is that Medel in that country didn't tell me they couldn't make any flexible arrangements , so I could have traveled somewhere else where they could do it for me. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@stream2525

I understand. This is understandably frustrating for you. Hopefully Med-El surprises you this week.

Are you opting for a Sonnet but also want to benefit for the free Rondo2 promotion? Or do you just want to get the Rondo2 alone?  

• HearPeers Heroes
5 hours ago, Jewel said:

@stream2525

I understand. This is understandably frustrating for you. Hopefully Med-El surprises you this week.

Are you opting for a Sonnet but also want to benefit for the free Rondo2 promotion? Or do you just want to get the Rondo2 alone?  

I only want Rondo2. I can get a loaner until Rondo2 is released. I am ready to pay reasonable additional charge for that.

Medel offered the voucher only for USA. This is a marketing tool that I understand because USA is the biggest market ,but they can do that for other countries at least case by case. 

11 hours ago, stream2525 said:

They don't respond to messages I send through the contact form in their website. When I send messages to their FB page, all I get is that I need to talk to the local representative.This is not working at all because I don't have a local representative and I need to travel to get my CI, and in the country where I am travelling to they have no flexible arrangement of any kind.

I need to know if I can reach Medel head office before I confirm my switch to Cohclear brand. I had very bad experience with Medel offices which I contacted or went to . I selected Medel to get Rondo2 . This is the credit I found over other brands, but I need to have the surgery soon and willing to wait for the release of Rondo2 to be activated with. the representative in that country says that they can't give me Rondo2 later , no trading and the only way will be that I buy the processor.

In many other countries they offer a loaner until the new processor , and I asked for this. they refused. Either I wait until Rondo2 is released then I have the surgery or no way to get it other than buying it.

I don't think that this is good customer service. People in USA are getting vouchers for free Rondo2 , and they can at least give me a loaner until the new processor is released. 

I am just trying to open a window for a hope, because this week I need to decide on the implant and I am almost switching to Cochlear. 

Hi there @stream2525, thank you for reaching out to the community on HearPeers about this. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I'd to help you out where possible. l'll send you a private message to see how I can offer you some support. Kind regards, Leigh - HearPeers Support Team

• Like 4

• HearPeers Heroes

I sent an email to contact in Austria and was contacted by the office here in the US. 

They answered my question well.

I think I saw the contact email address for Austria on line at the Medel.com web site.