Adam Fitzgerald's status

jpl2ci

Adam had a setback on Tuesday when his shunt quit working and he had to undergo emergency brain surgery. He is till hospitalized and is recovering slowly.  he sends everybody his regards and hopes to be released within the next few days.

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam - thoughts from the other side of the planet are with you...

We all miss our jolly good soul of the forum... I have felt that something is not quite ordinary as you have been often absent.

I hear dc rom Adam this afternoon and he has undergone an unexpected turn for the worse. He is still in the hospital, now on steroid therapy and are running additional tests for autoimmune adrenal disease. He is upbeat but disappointed by this latest setback. Stay tuned for further updates.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks John for the update. Let him know our thoughts and prayers are with him.

Thanks for all the updates John - much appreciated!

I'm very sorry to hear this; poor Adam.  Send him our regards, please.

• HearPeers Heroes

John, glad to hear Adam is home and recovering. Talk with you soon Adam!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes, the rumors are true, I am home from the hospital. looks like on top of the brain surgery to be concerned with, I now have Adrenal insufficiency disease. Dont really have the energy to explain at the moment. still on some strong meds. maybe later. Looks like I have a lot of messages to keep me busy. I am not going back straight away to work. I will touch base again in a few days just wanted to say hello to everyone. Smile

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I am not going back straight away to work. I will touch base again in a few days just wanted to say hello to everyone. Smile

Adam

Working....? Hmmm....Undecided

Adam,

May all the positive forces in the universe be at your side!  Hoping that you are able to heal and enjoy life to the fullest very soon.....

Best wishes for your recovery.

Really good to see you back Adam!!!  It's just not "HearPeers" without you!  Wish you a speedy recovery!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Camille,

I missed chatting with you guys. Everything as far as the brain surgery went well. They did have to tweak the setting of the shunt a day or two later. unfortunately I was also diagnosed with Adrenal Insufficiency Disease. It can be life threatening but if i stay on top of things can live a normal life. I am still in the learning stages as right now it is a bit overwhelming. Heck 33 surgeries havent killed me, I'm not gonna let this stop me. Laughing

• HearPeers Heroes

Relentless Forward Motion Sandy. Thank all of you for your support! It means way more than you realize.

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Camille,

I missed chatting with you guys. Everything as far as the brain surgery went well. They did have to tweak the setting of the shunt a day or two later. unfortunately I was also diagnosed with Adrenal Insufficiency Disease. It can be life threatening but if i stay on top of things can live a normal life. I am still in the learning stages as right now it is a bit overwhelming. Heck 33 surgeries havent killed me, I'm not gonna let this stop me. Laughing

Sorry Adam, I have to disagree with you Surprised - actually, people go to the operation more rarely than obligatory to the operation in acute state. Surgery is well-known process - illness/sickness is not. Wink

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, Dont think i understand what you are saying.

I just read about the surgery and illness.  Sending prayer and strength your way. 

Kristie