How does it sound, to hear with a CI?

Moidl

Scribd sounds like a good idea.  I think you are leading me in amazing directions.  Thank you. What a neat combination, audio and e's.  I am trying to do the audios alone but am not ready for that yet.  Nor can I follow TED without transcripts.  But what is amazing is that this pleasure is training my brain in other directions as well.  Yesterday I went to a very noisy place, the Apple store, and could follow what the employee was telling me, because my brain could distinguish what it was supposed to, and the noise became simply background noise.  My erstwhile "normal" hearing with hearing aids could not do this. Just a couple of hours with audiobooks did that.  I suppose this is brain training???  What do you think?

What I find 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Elgab

What I think is that you are off to an amazing start!  Way to go!

All meaningful listening is brain training with our CIs.  Enjoy it!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Elgab if you are using transcripts or captions it is actually very beneficial because your brain is learning the sounds of different words and with different accents. I listen with trainscripts too. It’s much too early even for me in my training to not use them. I am working on audiobooks right now with the words to follow along. So don’t be discouraged yet! You’re doing well!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

And TedTalk videos are captioned so you can listen and read along as you watch the presenters too.

68D8AEF2-2ECD-46E3-9494-C421044105AF.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

I found using the transcript works for me. That way you can see what the person is saying and follow the words.