Spring/Summer surgeries and activations

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Just in case someone else is reading this too....

If you are a bilateral user and wish to adjust Easy Gain on both of your Sonnet 21 integrated receivers, you must do this with one receiver at a time,

• HearPeers Heroes

@pakom

Did you receive your Rondo?  How are things going?

@Mary Beth

Hey, thanks for the instruction for using the Inspiro or Touchscreen to set up the Roger receiver. From my discussions with my audi on Friday, I think she understands that one of those devices are needed to adjust the Roger system. My understanding was that she would have one of those for our meeting this Thursday. I don't know if the Med-El rep will bring that or if she will get it direct from Phonak.

I'll see (hear) what happens Wednesday!

On 7/8/2018 at 4:31 PM, Mary Beth said:

@pakom

Yes, I did get the Rondo and the Roger Pen on June 27th.   I tried the Roger Pen on the TV, and it seems to work on some channels and not on others.  I haven't tried it yet for my cell phone.  It's a lot to take in all at once, and some days I don't want to mess with anything...just wear the Sonnet and leave everything else for another day.  I spend a lot of time training on Angel Sound.

I got on Spotify and used that list that is suggested for us to practice on.  Then I played a Christmas album of Anne Murray's.  Since I knew the songs, I was able to understand the words and hear the melody too.  With other songs that I'm not familiar with, some I could understand and some I couldn't, (I have a long ways to go) BUT that was the first time I had enjoyed hearing a song in a few years.  :)

• Like 2

On 7/8/2018 at 4:31 PM, Mary Beth said:

@pakom

Yes, I did get the Rondo and the Roger Pen on June 27th.   I tried the Roger Pen on the TV, and it seems to work on some channels and not on others.  I haven't tried it yet for my cell phone.  It's a lot to take in all at once, and some days I don't want to mess with anything...just wear the Sonnet and leave everything else for another day.  I spend a lot of time training on Angel Sound.

I got on Spotify and used that list that is suggested for us to practice on.  Then I played a Christmas album of Anne Murray's.  Since I knew the songs, I was able to understand the words and hear the melody too.  With other songs that I'm not familiar with, some I could understand and some I couldn't, (I have a long ways to go) BUT that was the first time I had enjoyed hearing a song in a few years.  :)

• HearPeers Heroes

@pakom

Isn’t it just amazing to be able to enjoy music again?!  Such a wonderful gift!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 7:21 AM, Mary Beth said:

Wishing @Mary Featherston the best at her first activation on May 9th (tomorrow!)!

Upcoming events:

@Carolmarie first CI surgery on May 25th

@stranger first CI activation on May 28th

@Jewel first CI surgery on August 21st

Anyone else want to add their surgery or activation dates to our list so we can cheer you on as well?

• HearPeers Heroes
On 5/11/2018 at 8:02 AM, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

One way to train your CI ear and know that your other ear is not helping at all is to use tech from the sound source to your Sonnet.  Options include:

Roger Pen and Roger 21 receiver with the mini cable plugged into a headphone jack

DAI cable plugged into the Sonnet FM battery cover (but I am not sure if that is included in activation kits which select the Roger connectivity option) and into the headphone jack

BT neckloop with Sonnet on T connected to the soundsource via Bluetooth 

When we implanted my first side (worse side) I continued to use my HA also at work.  I spent as much time as possible CI only at home.  My audiologist’s rule was ...... CI on all the time and at least 2 hours daily CI only.  I chose much more than 2 hours daily CI alone.  It was so much fun to train.

Sounds like you are off to a terrific start Mary.  I am happy for you.

How do YOU plug a mini cable into the Roger 21?? My Roger 21 came without the FM port. Hence the shorter length. On my right side I use the Roger X receiver plugged into the FM Battery cover. So its Either the Roger Receivers OR to mini cable ito the FM Battery covers for the Sonnets.

Perhaps you mis spoke?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

One way to train your CI ear and know that your other ear is not helping at all is to use tech from the sound source to your Sonnet.  Options include:

Roger Pen and Roger 21 receiver with the mini cable plugged into a headphone jack

DAI cable plugged into the Sonnet FM battery cover (but I am not sure if that is included in activation kits which select the Roger connectivity option) and into the headphone jack

When we implanted my first side (worse side) I continued to use my HA also at work.  I spent as much time as possible CI only at home.  My audiologist’s rule was ...... CI on all the time and at least 2 hours daily CI only.  I chose much more than 2 hours daily CI alone.  It was so much fun to train.

How do YOU plug a mini cable into the Roger 21?? My Roger 21 came without the FM port. Hence the shorter length. On my right side I use the Roger X receiver plugged into the FM Battery cover. So its Either the Roger Receivers OR to mini cable into the FM Battery covers for the Sonnets.

Perhaps you mis spoke?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

How do YOU plug a mini cable into the Roger 21?? My Roger 21 came without the FM port. Hence the shorter length. On my right side I use the Roger X receiver plugged into the FM Battery cover. So its Either the Roger Receivers OR to mini cable into the FM Battery covers for the Sonnets.

Perhaps you mis spoke?

• HearPeers Heroes

Using the mini cable with the Roger Pen .... it is in the Roger Pen box.....it goes into a headphone jack and plugs into the Roger Pen itself.  It will send the sound to both of your Roger receivers BUT you can not get 100/0 mix that way.

You can purchase another Sonnet FM cover and get a bilateral red jack DAI cable if you want to plug your Sonnets directly into a headphone jack.

• HearPeers Heroes

Do your Roger 21 receiver and Roger X receiver seem the same loudness?

• HearPeers Heroes

I believe Phonak may call it a micro cable