CI Surgery on 14th May.

Renachelw

@Mary Beth Thanks for the info :) I'm currently using my HA batteries. The hospital gave me a box of implant batteries too, not sure if there's any difference?

Day 4:
I heard birds this morning! I think I might have had hearing loss all my life, i'm not sure actually. Mild hearing loss on the left side was detected when I was 7, and the right side started dropping when I was 14. 

Strangely for the 14 years of "normal hearing", I never heard birds in a group, all at once. They sound a bit like alien birds tho. Haha.

• Like 2

@Renachelw, HA batteries won't last long, that is why we have CI batteries that look the same (675) but are more powerful.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yup, cochlear implant zinc air batteries will last much longer.  My favorite batteries are Power One Implant Plus.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

My favorite batteries are Power One Implant Plus

They are my favourite too @Mary Beth.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

As mentioned in another post, I was actually given a remote with volumes from 6-10. I felt fine with staying at 6 so I didn’t increase, but after some tests, my audiologists told me I needed to increase the volume as I was not hearing all the sounds. Mapping has been shifted to end July.

I am currently at volume 10 which is the loudest my audiologist has set for me so far, and i'm panicking because I cannot really hear speech in an open area/large room. I can hear that someone is talking, but I have no idea what they're saying. 

In a small office, I can hear the person 3 meters away from me, its quite loud but cant make out the words. Is this normal?

I can hear without lip-reading in cars/small room, but in other situations, its muffled/blur and I don't know what to do now. 

Feels like the time when I was losing my hearing all over again... 

Anyone else experienced this?

• HearPeers Heroes

Sorry about that last response, it's the issue I've had before and I couldn't get my cursor out of the blue box.  Anyway - yes, @Renachelw - being able to hear the voices but not understand is normal.  It will improve, just keep listening and doing your rehab!  It will get better!

• HearPeers Heroes

Sorry about that last response, it's the issue I've had before and I couldn't get my cursor out of the blue box.  Anyway - yes, @Renachelw - being able to hear the voices but not understand is normal.  It will improve, just keep listening and doing your rehab!  It will get better!