BlueTooth streaming transmitter

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

This is the next tech I am going to check out.  It plugs into sound sources which are not BT and sends to BT neckloops or BT headphones.  It uses APTX Low Latency so if we pair it with a neckloop or headphone that also uses APTX Low Latency, there is supposed to be no noticeable audio lag when watching TV or videos.  It arrives this week.  Stay tuned.

Has anyone else found a BT steaming transmitter with no noticeable audio delay?

3BB323AA-9BF9-4BDA-A2AD-F029D8CE51DA.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Mary Beth,

I am still using my Siemens hearing aids with the EasyTek neckloop and the Siemens BT transmitters for TV. This is no perceivable lag between the BT signal and what my HAs process. I'm hopeful that after my surgery (May 25) and CI activation (June 13) I'll find that the electronics with the CI perform as well. From your post, it seems like that might not be the case :(. I have ordered the Sonnett processor and the Roger Pen with receiver. Keeping my fingers crossed! 

Dave Detty

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Dave,

The lag with BT streaming devices is due to the BT streaming device, not our processors so if you have a system that works for you without audio lag and is compatible with telecoil you should be fine.  I am not familiar with Siemens BT streaming devices for TV so I will look them up online.  Thanks for the recommendation!

You will be able to use the Roger Pen dock and Roger 21 receiver to stream TV.  You would need to make your HA Roger ready to get the sound bilaterally.  Most HAs can use the universal Roger receiver.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @DaveD

What I am having difficulty finding out online is whether that neckloop System is universal for any hearing aid or processor with telecoil or proprietary and only works with certain brand hearing aids.

• HearPeers Heroes

@DaveD

Check out this link....

https://pro.signiausa.com/accessories-compatibility/

Siemens devices are now called Signia.  They list compatible HAs for the EasyTek.  Whenever they list compatible HAs instead of just stating that all HAs with telecoils are compatible, it seems to mean that the neckloop is transmitting to the HA via a proprietary system, not universal telecoil transmission.  If this is true for your TV streamer and EasyTek neckloop, then they ONLY work with the limited list of HAs.  Other HAs and CI processors will not receive the signal.

Chat with your CI audiologist about options to connect your HA to a Roger receiver if you want.  Then set up the dock of the Roger Pen connected to your TV.  It will send simultaneously to your Sonnet Roger 21 receiver/battery cover and a HA Roger receiver attached to your HA.  There should not be audio delay.

One way to know for sure how the Siemens set up is sending the signal is to wait until you are activated and put your Sonnet in T while wearing the EasyTek neckloop and see if you hear any sound at all.

I hope I am incorrect and it will work, but it looks like it may be proprietary and not telecoil.

• HearPeers Heroes

@DaveD

I reached out to Signia and they confirmed that it is a proprietary device.  It only works with some of Siemens hearing aids.  It will not work with Sonnets unfortunately.  Here is what they said....

We are please to inform you the TV streamer and easyTek are compatiable with Signia wireless Primax or Binax instruments. However they are not compatible with any hearing aids with a telecoil.”

Hi Mary Beth,

Thanks for following up on this. I was pretty sure that the Siemens / Signia devices would not be compatible with the Med-El. That's kind of a bummer. The EasyTek works real well with my HAs and is even pretty much perspiration proof since I get my audiologist to get the silicone cover. I'm sure I'll find something that will let my CI communicate with my phone and other electronics. I like fiddling with technical stuff anyhow!

Still twiddling my thumbs waiting for my surgery. On schedule for CI surgery on 5/25 and activation on 6/13.

Thanks,

Dave Detty

• HearPeers Heroes

Getting close, @DaveD!  Good luck!

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow @DaveD! Less than ten days!! Best of luck! 

• HearPeers Heroes

This BT streaming device arrived midweek and I have tested it out.  It streams to BT headphones or BT neckloops.  I tested it with BT BOSE QC35 headphones- great sound quality.....BOSE has such awesome bass tones.....and no noticeable audio lag.  I tested it with BT Artone 3 MAX neckloop- great sound quality on T.....very quiet echo on MT.......matches well with video.

Interesting points....

-sound volume is not influenced by the regular TV volume control so we can increase or decrease volume on our BT headphones or BT neckloop without changing the volume for family members

-sound volume is not influenced by the TV mute button.  We continue to hear the same.  (Switching our processors to M would let us experience the mute.)

Final thoughts.....

-definitely terrific for watching TV alone with the TV on mute and processors on MT so we can hear our environment

-definitely terrific for watching TV alone and processors on T to block out environmental sounds

-terrific for multi tasking while listening to TV since we can move to other rooms and still hear the TV at the same volume (about 100 feet)

-very good for watching TV with others since we get up close sound quality as well as our own volume control.  staying on MT, we hear our friends and family speaking with us too

-very small, easy to use, fast connections, can connect to 2 BT receivers simultaneously 

-this BT streamer MUST be plugged into a power source.  It does not have a rechargeable built in battery.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I edited my above post.  It extends up to 100 feet!

I looked that up because I can walk all around my home, upstairs etc and hear it perfectly.