Rondo 2 is FDA approved!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Med-El posted it on their FB page.  Yay!

• HearPeers Heroes

I am a bit disappointed about this cos I doubt my kit was ordered as the hospital said they would wait until closer to my surgery date. So looks like I am gonna miss out on the PLUSRONDO promotion ☹️

• HearPeers Heroes

Same here, @Jewel - I told my audiologist on Tuesday that I was hoping we'd get my second kit ordered before the approval went through.  But we agreed that if the FDA approved it, I'd just get one Sonnet and one Rondo2 next time.  Maybe you can contact the hospital and tell them that's your preference?  (If it is, of course)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I looked back at the promotion announcement and it stated that the promotion would run up to FDA approved and availability. So I'm hoping that since it's not yet available, the promotion will continue to run. We need Med-El to clarify. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel @Mary Featherston The promotion lasts till the RONDO 2 is released not till it is FDA approved. You still have time.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I heard it’s everyone In the US that gets a new implant system after March 7th of this year. Until availability starts. 

AA0719A9-89E3-464C-B3E7-D049FC266897.jpeg

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

There is always a delay between FDA approval and availability  or release.  Med-El says it anticipates release of the Rondo 2 in the fall.  There is still time.  See the official Med-El USA FB page.  @hadron is correct.

To ease your mind @Jewel, maybe check with your CI audiologist.  Ask when they will submit your order.

@Mary Featherston, do you have an approximate date for your second surgery?

• HearPeers Heroes
30 minutes ago, hadron said:

@Jewel @Mary Featherston The promotion lasts till the RONDO 2 is released not till it is FDA approved. You still have time.

w00t!  Thanks, hadron!

• HearPeers Heroes
25 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

There is always a delay between FDA approval and availability  or release.  Med-El says it anticipates release of the Rondo 2 in the fall.  There is still time.  See the official Med-El USA FB page.  @hadron is correct.

To ease your mind @Jewel, maybe check with your CI audiologist.  Ask when they will submit your order.

@Mary Featherston, do you have an approximate date for your second surgery?

@Mary Beth, no, I haven't set a date yet.  My surgeon said she'd do it whenever I want, but I need to get my right ear hearing better first, or I can't function well at work.  I'm hoping for later this summer.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Just checked the CI centre. They plan to order my kit in August since that's when I'm having surgery. I hope Rondo 2 isn't available until autumn as projected by Med-El so that I will still get my voucher. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

In my short 3 years, I have never seen Med-El release anything EARLIER than they predicted.  Smile.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Thanks. I hope that trend continues. Things always go wrong for me, but I don't want that with this journey. 

• Like 1