Sudden-Onset Frustration

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

It’s a getting used to it thing!  But if you find you really can’t, go for a new mapping. No harm there. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I think it was good that it was a weekend and I couldn't get a response from the audi.  (I'm having to make myself use that term and not type the whole word "audiologist" simply because I keep thinking I should identify whether it's an A3 or something else).

But I'm getting used to this.  I went back to not using my hearing aid at work, which is a little rough on my co-workers, but I really want to force my brain to listen to the CI.  And I think it's helping.  On my way home today I turned on my music and a song came on that sounded horrendous a week ago and while it still wasn't clear, and there were beeps and whatnot, it was much, much better than before.  I could hear the voice almost as it should be in a few places.  That was cool!

• Like 1

That's cool @Mary Featherston, that is almost the way I hear songs now, I can hear the voices but also hear beeps. But the good things is that I can recognise some of them wit my CI only. Let's see how my appointment fares today.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

That's really something, @stranger!  I'm starting to see what the potential really is, and it sounds as though you are too!

• Like 1