Activation May 28

Daniel the Stranger

4 minutes ago, Megan L. said:

Wow-weeeee!!! I missed so much! Congrats on the second ear @Daniel the Stranger And @Mary Featherston ? Hope you’re both doing well in stereo!

And what a super cute kitty. Is that a Siamese?

Whoa @Megan L. where have you been?

And yes, it is a Siamese Lilac. He is 6 months old. We got him 3 months ago.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger yes I know I fell off the grid!! I moved to the NYC metro area in July and started a new job. The whole thing threw me off and plus I got locked out of my account a few times....but I’m going to try to be more present! Miss you all ? did you get another AB CI to match the other?

I want a Siamese! I love  that they talk so much, haha. I have a long day at work and commuting into and out of the city so I have much to share so I feel like I’d do well with a chatty cat. He’s very handsome your kitty!

@Mary Featherston good luck tomorrow at your second activation! 

• Like 2

Hi @Megan L. yes I went to the same brand as the first one. 

It seems you are now very busy living in NYC metro. I would like to go there for holidays. Siamese cats certainly talk a lot, mine does it on occasion, I heard that Burmese cats are truly very talkative!, more than Siamese I believe.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thought you did @Daniel the Stranger If I was getting a second ear I’d get a matching Med El ?

Its the fashion life!!!!! Yes it’s at least a 12 hr day but it’s good and I really like the people. I like it much better than my old  job in Philadelphia. If you ever do come to NYC on a holiday let me know! And well that goes for anyone on HP ? would love to meet you all in real life. 

Hmmm I haven’t looked into the Burmese but maybe I will have to now....

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow @Daniel the Strangerthanks for the detailed update. It will be interesting to see how well you do with WRS when you get tested on both ears together.

I'm yet to come across a cat since activation. I wanna know whether I will be able to hear "meow"! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel - come to our house.  We have a 17-year old cat who meows at about 80 decibels.  Our theory is that he doesn't see or hear well anymore, so he occasionally wakes up and just sort of yells so we know where he is.  You could probably hear him without your CI.

• Haha 2

• 10 months later...

Thank you Daniel for your stories post activation. It gives me additional perspective of what to expect after my activation on September 24th. I may do a day by day report as you have on my experiences.

• Like 2