Rondo2 Unboxed!

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan

@Jewel Cool.  I wonder if the Rondo 2 kit is the same worldwide?

• HearPeers Heroes

I was wondering the same thing @Mary Beth. I would love to know cos then I wouldn't bother to buy the Artone separately. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I wouldn't mind having two, @Jewel .  The battery life is pretty good, but on vacation I was listening to an audiobook and I did have to stop and recharge.  Two would help.

• HearPeers Heroes

I wouldn't mind having two, @Jewel .  The battery life is pretty good, but on vacation I was listening to an audiobook and I did have to stop and recharge.  Two would help.

• HearPeers Heroes

And when you think about it, a neckloop is a logical accessory.  There's no way to connect a Roger pen, is there?

• HearPeers Heroes

No, @Jewel - it connects to your phone or tablet or whatever via Bluetooth.  It connects to the Sonnet via an FM connection, which is only possible because Phonak makes a Sonnet battery cover with the tech in it.  I don't think either Sonnet or Rondo have internal Bluetooth capability.

• HearPeers Heroes

No, @Jewel - it connects to your phone or tablet or whatever via Bluetooth.  It connects to the Sonnet via an FM connection, which is only possible because Phonak makes a Sonnet battery cover with the tech in it.  I don't think either Sonnet or Rondo have internal Bluetooth capability.

• HearPeers Heroes

It’s complicated.

The Sonnet has built in 2.4 connectivity for a Med-El proprietary device (AudioLink) which has not been released anywhere yet so the Sonnet’s built in 2.4 connectivity is still dormant.

You can use Roger Pen (all Roger types of transmitters) with Rondo 2.  You have 2 choices for Roger receivers.  

The neckloop receiver called Roger MyLink with the Rondo 2 set to MT (mix) or T (only Roger reception).

Use the mini battery pack with Rondo 2 and plug a Roger X (02) receiver into it.  Keep Rondo 2 on M. You will have a 50/50 mix.

I agree that having 2 Artone 3 MAX neckloops is helpful on days with long audiobook listening.

• HearPeers Heroes
12 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

It’s complicated.

The Sonnet has built in 2.4 connectivity for a Med-El proprietary device (AudioLink) which has not been released anywhere yet so the Sonnet’s built in 2.4 connectivity is still dormant.

You can use Roger Pen (all Roger types of transmitters) with Rondo 2.  You have 2 choices for Roger receivers.  

The neckloop receiver called Roger MyLink with the Rondo 2 set to MT (mix) or T (only Roger reception).

Use the mini battery pack with Rondo 2 and plug a Roger X (02) receiver into it.  Keep Rondo 2 on M. You will have a 50/50 mix.

I agree that having 2 Artone 3 MAX neckloops is helpful on days with long audiobook listening.

Thanks, Mary Beth, I was wondering about that.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Med-El added a statement on their FB post that the contents of the box may vary.  We will have to wait until Med-El USA releases the Rondo 2 to know what exactly will be in the US kits.

9C21C016-DF89-4F19-B46D-AA130178AED6.png