Lisa in Virginia

Lisa

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Yup, I don’t care for the PC version either. I use the iOS app.  No weird sound effects.

I’m happy things are going so well for you!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
11 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Yup, I don’t care for the PC version either. I use the iOS app.  No weird sound effects.

I’m happy things are going so well for you!

Yes, the aural rehab person I met with a couple of weeks back told me about the app and I have that now.....I just prefer audiobooks and TED talks and videos.

Thanks, @Mary Beth!

@Mary Beth, I have angel sounds for iPad and it claps everytime you get one right!! I don't know if smile or cry lol...

My son was activated June 27th.  His audiologist advised us to keep his HA and his CI in.  We do all his therapy with both devices.  But we do a lot of listening and learning words and sounds.  He has really been a trooper.  He loves his Roger pen, we wear it all day long.  He also loves over the ear headphones.  I enjoy reading all of your experiences since he doesn't really give me a lot of description!  ?

• HearPeers Heroes

@mshaley2

I am so happy for your son.  It sounds like he is off to a terrific start!

For children, keeping the other ear aided with a hearing aid (per his audiologist’s recommendation) is very important.  Having sound input on both sides helps develop his auditory pathways on both sides.

Enjoy his new listening!

• 5 weeks later...

@Lisa How is your progress coming along after your activation? Any improvements in how/ what you hear? 

O. No improvements. I hear annoying beeps and boops and pings and snare drums. Those are the sounds I am getting when people are talking, music, anything. The only thing I can notice is repetition such a door knock or cadence in music. Been almost 3 months. I'm going to give it a year. Also, my ears are not large enough to hold the processor! It fell off all the time and so I had to have an ear mold made to "teather it" in place. It feels like a whole bunch of STUUF in my ear area and glasses too. I am getting another "tune up" from the audiologist Wednesday so I hope it makes a difference. Thanks for asking.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lisa

I’m sorry to hear that things are not improving for you.  Have you seen your CI surgeon to see if imaging can be done to show the placement of your electrode array?

Angel Sounds has a PC based site too but it may be too difficult at this time.  CLIX, which unfortunately is an iPad app, begins at an easier listening level and level 1 is just listening for how many syllables you hear.  Based on your description above, you may have success with level 1 in CLIX now.  If by chance you know anyone with an iPad, maybe they will download the free app for you to try?

@Lisa Hang in there! So sorry you're having a tough time. The Sonnet is huge. I have small ests too and wear glasses. I took the arm off my eyeglasses so it would not irritate my still swollen implant sight and my left ear is numb and feel weird if I touch it. I hope your next mapping will improve how and what you wear. There are a little of cute headbands for our processors on Etsy.  I will be praying for you and your hearing journey. ?

• 2 weeks later...

I was gone for a while because of trouble with my password and getting locked out. but I'm back! I'm told that the Rondo2 will not be available for me until the end of the year (in the USA)but that is only 4 months away. I absoultely hate the amount of space the sonnet takes up on my tiny ear and will look at accessories to help with that. I am also experiencing sever tinnitus in my untouched ear, like a steady stream of mumbling from a talk radio program. I'm told this is common. I drown it out with music from my phone and a hearing aid mold "earphone".