Introducing Myself from North Carolina

sassychele02

Hi all!!! My name is Michele. After 3 years of jumping  through hoops I finally got insurance  approval for my first cochlear Implant. Super excited!! In NC. Medicaid has just added Adult Cochlear  urgery coverage. I am a mom of 2. A teen with special needs and speech delays and an adult college  student.  Im also a wife to an awesome renal cancer survivor.  I have been hearing impaired since the age of 12 due to Menieres disease. I've recently  lost the remainder of my hearing 3 years ago. I know minimal sign language and rely on lip reading that for some reason people  are amazed at this ability ?. My Med el implant is scheduled for July 31!! Super super excited!! Im learning how to post  here so bare with a newbie.  The main questions I have are how much pain or which side effects  did you experience from surgery?? 

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome @sassychele02!

My surgery is after yours so I can't advise on your questions but I'm sure my fellow HPs will chime in soon. 

• HearPeers Heroes

We did.  Smile.  But this original topic posted several times due to the problems the forum is having lately.

A different topic is active.