Sonnets....rechargeable or disposable batteries?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Calling all Sonnet users...

Do you prefer to use rechargeable or disposable batteries with your Sonnets?  Why do you prefer those?

Thanks

I like both. If I’m around the house, I tend to use the rechargeables. I start a fresh one off in the morning , replace it in the afternoon and so avoid the annoying beeps.

If I’m going to be running around or traveling I switch to the disposables. Back home I then tend to use up the pack before reverting to the rechargeables.

I use the Power Ones and have no complaints. I can’t really notice any quality differences between them and rechargeables.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you @Hicksy.

I had been using rechargeable Sonnet batteries like you described and switched them out at a convenient time before the dead battery beeps.  It is fast and easy to carry the rechargeable battery wallet around since it is so small.  That worked during the school year when my schedule was quite predictable.  This summer I have been using disposable batteries and just changing them every other morning.  That works too and I never have to think about batteries although I carry extra always just in case.

• HearPeers Heroes

I use the rechargeables.  As you noted, the wallet is small and fits in my pocket, and I really don't like single-use batteries and throwing them in landfills.  I did use disposables when we were camping, and can't really tell the difference so I switched back to the rechargeables when we came home.

Next spring we'll be in France for a week and a half and I'll have to decide whether to bring the charger, but I suspect I will.  We have a USB hub that lets us charge multiple deices anyway.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

After using disposable batteries in my Sonnets for awhile I started to notice a pattern.  Day 1 with disposable batteries sounds great.  Day 2 sounds a bit quieter even though the batteries last slightly more than 2 full listening days for me.  So today I switched back to rechargeable batteries and things sound louder again.  Odd isn’t it?  I never notice a volume difference between rechargeable and disposable batteries in my OPUS 2s.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Maybe Sonnets use more power than the Opus2?  @Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I don’t know.  They both say up to 60 hours with two disposable batteries.

• HearPeers Heroes

Interesting.  I wonder why the Sonnet's performance appears to be more dependent on full power in the batteries?

• HearPeers Heroes

I wonder the same thing @Mary Featherston.  Sonnets are the only processors that you read about false dead battery beeps from many users too.  There is something different about Sonnets and batteries.  

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I use mostly use rechargeables. But I have a whole box that I need to use up of disposables. So I am currently using them. So I’ll let you know if I notice a difference with my new processor. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Kara of Canada

Did you notice a difference with the Sonnets in disposable rather than rechargeable batteries?

• HearPeers Heroes

I didn’t really notice a difference with either. Except with the rechargeables the sound quality dips right before they start beeping to be changed. That’s about it.