Sharing

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey, you guys:  I have really appreciated your support and love that we have such a good group of people here.  One thing that I haven't mentioned before is that I've been blogging since I first learned that I might be a CI candidate.  Most of it is probably fairly familiar to many of you, but today's post - well, suffice it to say that of all of my acquaintances the group here is most likely to understand.  So I'll apologize in advance if I'm boring you all.  Feel free to ignore.  But I thought I'd share:  https://hearinglisten.blogspot.com/

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

beautiful post.  I remember that feeling oh so well even though it was three years ago.  I woke up the morning of my second CI surgery literally singing happy birthday to my second ear.  I was so pumped.  I feel that same excitement in your post.  Being bilateral was the best decision for me.  Finally my hearing was giving me WOW moments.  After all those years of loss and frustration.  I hear you loud and clear.  I hope your bilateral journey is as exciting as mine has been.  It’s unbelievable every day.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

So far, @Mary Beth, this is shaping up as one of the best years of my life.

• HearPeers Heroes

I’m right there with you @Mary Featherston! It’s the best thing I have done and I totally agree with what @Mary Beth said. It’s right on par!  So keep smiling because the bet is yet to come!! 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I’m right there with you @Mary Featherston! It’s the best thing I have done and I totally agree with what @Mary Beth said. It’s right on par!  So keep smiling because the bet is yet to come!! 

• Like 2

@Mary FeatherstonLove your blog!! I have been this long about blogging also about this journey Congrats on getting your second implant date. October will be here before you know it ?. I don't get my activation for my first implant until end of August. I also desire to go bilateral if and when my insurance approve. Your blog is very helpful for us newbies! 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@sassychele02 - I started it because I had friends who didn't understand what i was doing.  I'm incredibly gratified to hear that it can be there for other CI recipients too!

• HearPeers Heroes

@sassychele02 - I started it because I had friends who didn't understand what i was doing.  I'm incredibly gratified to hear that it can be there for other CI recipients too!

@Mary Featherston None of my family and friends understand it either. Lol. Some assumed I was instantly able to hear after surgery. I still have so many questions that these forums and any blog or Pinterest post gets my immediate attention to prepare myself. CI veterans like yourself and @Mary Beth and @Kara of Canadaare a wealth of information just by posting. I appreciate y'all to the max! 

• Like 2

@Mary Featherston None of my family and friends understand it either. Lol. Some assumed I was instantly able to hear after surgery. I still have so many questions that these forums and any blog or Pinterest post gets my immediate attention to prepare myself. CI veterans like yourself and @Mary Beth and @Kara of Canadaare a wealth of information just by posting. I appreciate y'all to the max! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks! Whatever I can do to pay it forward!! 

• Like 1