August, September & October 2018 activation dates

Mary Beth

@Mary Beth thank you so much!! My shirt was delivered on time for  activation day!We're  in the eye here of Hurricane Florence in NC. I'm inland and hosting evalcuees from the beach. So looking forward to my activation day!! Super excited for @Jewel and @Jane

IMG_20180910_182237.jpg

• Like 2

@sassychele02hope you’re safe in the storm ..I’m here in Norfolk  Virginia and we got lucky this time ..we are keeping our hurricane supplies on hand for the rest of hurricane season ..good luck to you and @Jewel next week! I was thinking what was I thinking scheduling elective CI surgery during the height of hurricane season  here? I did it for both my surgeries but I don’t think I’d do it again!

Jane

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Mary Bethtime is really flying. I hope all goes well with all three activations next week. I think @sassychele02will be the first one activated.

@JaneI live in hurricane territory and I was worrying when I got my appointment dates earlier this year since most appointments were set for the hurricane season. Fortunately we may only be affected by a tropical depression before I leave for the US.

Enjoy the weekend everyone! Keep safe. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi everyone. 

@sassychele02asked me to post this on her behalf as she is having Internet and phone problems due to Florence. Here goes.

"Due to hurricane Florence and NC curfews and department of transportation instructions for drivers to stay off roads and highways I AGAIN have to postpone and reschedule both my activation date and my 2nd follow-up appt with my surgeon??????. I'm so disappointed. Internet and tv  and telephone services have all been unstable and often no connections."

Erf...  seriously...  all you guys in the storm areas, sorry to hear of interference with appointments, and hope staying okay down there!

• Like 1

Well guys, I had the appointment with my surgeon today and confirmed the date of my second surgery for the 10 of October, about 5 months later from the first one.

• Like 5

@Mary Beth thank you so much!! My shirt was delivered on time for  activation day!We're  in the eye here of Hurricane Florence in NC. I'm inland and hosting evalcuees from the beach. So looking forward to my activation day!! Super excited for @Jewel and @Jane

@Jane 

@Mary Beth @Mary Featherston

@Daniel the StrangerStrangerSStrangerSSStr

@Emily C. Hi guys!!! Sooo glad forence is officially gone from NC!! I finally have service. Unfortunately I my mom and grandmothers homes were flooded and tree damaged in Jacksonville NC which took the brunt of the hurricane. I hated seeing them leave Charlotte but they were anxious to see if their homes were still standing. I feel so sorry for family of the victims and especially the 2 babies that were swept away or tree fell on the home. Thank you so much Jewel for posting  for me. Im so happy to be back on hearapeers. 

• Like 1

Hello, I am new to this forum.

I had my surgery on the 6th of September, recovery is really going well. Activation will be on the 1st of October.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
On 8/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, Mary Beth said:

It is an exciting time on HearPeers!  Please add on to the list.

September 21 @Jane has her second CI activated.

September 24 @DarlaHS has her simultaneous bilateral CIs activated!

September 24/25 @sassychele02 has her CI activation at last!

October 1 @Lise-marie Fourie has her CI activated.

October 2 @Nikki has her second CI surgery.

October 4 @Marion nancy has her first CI surgery.

October 10 @Daniel the Stranger has his second CI surgery.

October 12 @Mary Featherston has her second CI surgery.

November 01 @Mary Featherston has her second CI activated.

It is going to be a fun time on Hear Peers!  Wishing everyone of you, and anyone else I may have missed accidentally, the very best!

Updated

• HearPeers Heroes
On 8/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, Mary Beth said:

It is an exciting time on HearPeers!  Please add on to the list.

September 24 @DarlaHS has her simultaneous bilateral CIs activated!

October 1  @Lise-marie Fourie  has her CI activated.

October 2 @Nikki has her second CI surgery.

October 4 @Marion nancy has her first CI surgery.

October 10 @Daniel the Stranger has his second CI surgery.

October 12 @Mary Featherston has her second CI surgery.

October 31 @Daniel the Stranger has his second CI activated

November 01 @Mary Featherston has her second CI activated.

It is going to be a fun time on Hear Peers!  Wishing everyone of you, and anyone else I may have missed accidentally, the very best!

• Thanks 1

I am very excited and very nervous. I do hope for the best outcome but I am aware that not hearing does not mean failure. 

I will be excited to give you all a update come Tuesday morning 

• HearPeers Heroes

I look forward to hearing all about your simultaneous activations!  It’s very exciting!

Wishing you the best @DarlaHS!

• HearPeers Heroes

@sassychele02 I'm glad to hear you're OK!  It's a nuisance to have to move your activation, but much much better to be safe.

@Daniel the Stranger!  Your second surgery is two days before mine and your activation one day earlier!  This is going to be great!

It's nice to see you all again (so to speak) - we were off the grid and way up north in the woods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• HearPeers Heroes
On 9/21/2018 at 10:25 AM, Lise-marie Fourie said:

Hello, I am new to this forum.

I had my surgery on the 6th of September, recovery is really going well. Activation will be on the 1st of October.

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the forum. 

Hi everyone!! I got my activation yesterday morning!! It was a long process. 3 hours. After the mapping processmy Audi earned me how I may hear it that I may hear nothing at all. When she switched me on and started counting to 10 then began talking to me it was surreal that I heard her voice and my own. She sounded mildly robotic and my own voice was foreign to me as I have not heard myself talk in a few long time. I cried when I herd my daughter talk about wanting to go to Disney world in December. I have truly never heard her voice in years. She's 14 with autism and other special needs. My husband I could tell was emotional. He said he would cook me whatever I wanted. Lol. I came away with 2 Sonnets and will have to wait for my Rondo plus. Bummer! I was hoping to get it. I could hear voices right away but robotic. I called my mom and my adult daughter. I could tell both were crying on the other end. I have never had a phone conversation with my daughter in her 22 years. I have flex soft 31. I'm new to all the gargin but I'm learning from you guys. Sorry to have you repeat yourselves but what are some Android apps to use for aural rehabilitation??

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Yay!  @sassychele02!  Your journey is off to a fantastic start!

Check in aural rehab thread.  I posted info from Tina Childress on aural rehab apps for Android.

• Like 1

Wow @sassychele02 your beautiful post just made my morning! Happy for you! I can relate not taking to family for a while on the phone and then have the freedom to use phone.  And your joy this brought to both sides... simply priceless! 

Enjoy your new journey! Best of luck

• Like 2