August, September & October 2018 activation dates

Mary Beth

20 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Wishing @Nikki the best on her second side CI surgery today!

Hello friends

Thanks!  I'm so pleased all went well and am looking forward for activation to experience life in stereo again.   

Good Luck I had my second surgery in March and it’s great hearing in stero and watching TV without closed caption.Keep us informed on your progress and word rehab will be vert important for you .

• HearPeers Heroes
6 hours ago, Nikki said:

Hello friends

Thanks!  I'm so pleased all went well and am looking forward for activation to experience life in stereo again.   

How exciting, @Nikki!  Focus on recover and activation will be here before you know it.  (By the way, it's my firm belief that cats help with convalescence!)

• HearPeers Heroes
3 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

How exciting, @Nikki!  Focus on recover and activation will be here before you know it.  (By the way, it's my firm belief that cats help with convalescence!)

Lol all pets can help there! Nikki sure loves her cats!! 

• Like 1

Hi friends everyone reading this

@Mary Featherston @Kara of Canada @Jewel @Mary Beth

I'm home,  Woke up a little sore and a little dizzy with pretty loud tinnitus on my new implanted ear.  Yes,  my calico cat been on duty and didn't leave my side (my neck, to be precise) all night although she'd normally prefer I recline back further.  My lil' tabby boy was also on the ottoman next to recliner.  Now only if I can train them to serve the breakfast with tea 

I feel so hopeful and excited for what the future holds

• Like 2

On 10/3/2018 at 7:10 AM, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

Good Luck I had my second surgery in March and it’s great hearing in stero and watching TV without closed caption.Keep us informed on your progress and word rehab will be vert important for you .

I need to catch up on your journey

Two CIs already? March 2018? Well I've got two weeks to catch up on the forum

Thank you so much 

No cc rock

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey @Nikki

Glad your surgery went well. Get lots of rest. When will you be activated? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki - sounds like you're on your way!  Rest up and here comes activation.  ?

14 minutes ago, Jewel said:

Hey @Nikki

Glad your surgery went well. Get lots of rest. When will you be activated? 

I will get an activation date next week on Wednesday when I go to my post op 

Based on my recharge letter activation is typically 2 to 4 weeks post surgery

My right CI was done November last year and then was holiday season and then bad snow storm so I had to wait 2 months for activation but it worked so well on activation that i really really can't complain whatever they give me i'll be happy with. I want good healing again and I wish for same results.  

I'm trying to catch up with your story @JewelI remember you traveled far.   Trying to find specific search criteria but fill me in,  here or DM how did it all work out

Thanks. And best of luck

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

I just sent you the threads with what has happened since my activation. 

Yes, I think it's important for you to be fully healed before activation. I had to wait a month. I was fine with that. 

• HearPeers Heroes

October 4 @Marion nancy and @Margo have their first CI surgeries.

October 10 @Daniel the Stranger has his second CI surgery.

October 12 @Mary Featherston has her second CI surgery.

@Marion nancy hope all went great for your surgery.  Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

@Margo  hope all went great for your surgery too.  Give us an update when you can.

Wishing both @Daniel the Stranger and @Mary Featherston the best this week on their second CI surgeries!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger and I are CI twins, we've had both surgeries and activations within days of each other, if I recall correctly.  Of course in actual age I suspect that Daniel is much younger than I!

23 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

@Daniel the Stranger and I are CI twins, we've had both surgeries and activations within days of each other, if I recall correctly.  Of course in actual age I suspect that Daniel is much younger than I!

I it normal to have a swollen ear.  Doing great

24 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

October 4 @Marion nancy and @Margo have their first CI surgeries.

October 10 @Daniel the Stranger has his second CI surgery.

October 12 @Mary Featherston has her second CI surgery.

@Marion nancy hope all went great for your surgery.  Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

@Margo  hope all went great for your surgery too.  Give us an update when you can.

Wishing both @Daniel the Stranger and @Mary Featherston the best this week on their second CI surgeries!

• HearPeers Heroes

Phooey, that thing with the quote box again.  @Marion nancy -- it was a very long time before my ear's swelling was all the way down.  That's normal.  How are you feeling?

3 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

Phooey, that thing with the quote box again.  @Marion nancy -- it was a very long time before my ear's swelling was all the way down.  That's normal.  How are you feeling?

Really well. Just very soft food.  Soup. No appetite

• Like 1

I do not like milk shakes or smoothies ice cream.  I am finding sorbet and chicken broth are easy and stay down.  Also mashed bananas.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

Yup swollen ears....that stick out sometimes....are quite typical.  

Rest easy.  The fun will begin at activation!

It helped me to sleep with my head propped up or in a recliner the first few days.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ha, @Mary Beth - it took a while for my ear to move back against my head.  I was glad when it did, I didn't want to be Jughead.  @Marion nancy I'm with you on the sorbet, it's the best when you're not feeling well.

6 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

It helped me to sleep with my head propped up or in a recliner the first few days

God bless recliners!! it became my best friend after surgery!!!

Thank you for your good wishes @Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy

Maybe I used the wrong term. I meant vegetable juices like Bolthouse Farms. I don't like milkshakes or ice-cream drinks either. But the vegetable/fruit juices were pretty good.