Rondo 2 USA kits

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

We have been wondering whether the Rondo 2 USA kits will include the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop that is shown in Med-El’s What’s in the Box Rondo 2 YouTube video.  I asked Med-El USA on their FB page and received this response....

Hi Mary Beth, the unboxing video shows a new patient kit for European countries. None of the US kits will include Artone, because new patients in the US are offered Roger connectivity options (MyLink, Roger Pen, etc.) Thanks for your question.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Thanks for sharing that. Boo to the response you got. Don't European patients get Roger too? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

It’s so cool that we are an international group.  It’s one of the features of HPs that I cherish.  However it does mean that we see or learn about promos that are unique to other countries and may not be applicable to us.  

The US has a plus Rondo 2 promo presently.  That is not applicable to all countries.  

The kits and the promos vary from country to country and change over time.

In my short time as a Med-El user the US has had several promos and several changes in the activation kits.

Sonnet voucher promo

Plus Rondo promo

Plus Rondo 2 promo

activation kits with FM battery cover and Quattro 4

activation kits with FM battery cover and Roger X (02) receiver plus Roger Pen

activation kits with Roger 21 receiver plus Roger Pen

and maybe even more changes.

I was fortunate to fall into the Sonnet voucher and the plus Rondo promos.  It was just the luck of the timing of becoming deaf.  Smile.

Some countries in Europe had an option for an AudioLink voucher.  That promo did not happen in the US, at least not yet.

Some CI centers in the US are single processor centers at activation.  I feel fortunate that my CI center is a two processor center at activation.  The back up processor has been the best perk in my opinion.  

@Mary Beth thank you for posting this. It would be nice @Jewel to get the artone. So I'm booing  with you! Hahaha. I will post a pic of my kit here after my activation. After watching the YouTube videos. I wonder how many of us actually cried at first activation. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@sassychele02

I cried after I got my surgery time. Had three cousins, my mom and brother as well as a cousin's fiancé there. Felt so good to have so much support. Note I don't consider myself an emotional person. I will probably be crying when they are wheeling me into the operating theater. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@sassychele02

True.  Receiving a Artone 3 MAX for free is terrific.  If you are interested in purchasing one (I love mine.) they are on sale at Harris presently.

https://www.harriscomm.com/artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop.html

• Thanks 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

You deserve to shed many tears of joy, relief, etc after all you have been through on your quest to receive a CI!  I will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you the very best.  When you feel up to it, let us know how it went.

@Mary Beth I completely agree. I will be thinking and dancing for you too @Jewel. Good things come to those who wait. Eat something really good and delicious tonight to celebrate. ?

• HearPeers Heroes

@sassychele02 my husband and I both cried at my activation, I was able to hear words in my right ear, which has been deaf for ten years.  It was an incredible day.  @Jewel how very cool that so many family members were able to come with you!

• HearPeers Heroes

@sassychele02

@Mary Beth

@Mary Featherston

This forum has been a godsend for me, helping me on my journey. I really appreciate everyone's input. I will definitely give an update when the anaesthesia wears off. 

My cousin from Jamaica can't believe I'm deaf cos I always understand her so well. Although the others live in the US they have never seen anyone with a cochlear implant. 

All three cousins surprised me by coming here. Really nice gesture. 

My mind is at ease with respect to tomorrow! 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel I had a workshop at work today with a bunch of people from corporate HQ, including one guy who helped us with some problems about four years ago but whom I'd never met in person.  Turns out Kevin wears two hearing aids!  He asked me about my CI and we compared my remote to his phone app.  It's fun finding these little connections!  Also, I had my checkup today - you know, just the annual doctor visit, and apparently my doctor has been WAITING for me.  I'm his first patient with a CI and he had a bunch of questions.  I was glad to talk to him about it, because his referral to a new audiologist and ENT is what started my CI journey.  

I so love my medical team.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I am so happy that you are surrounded by a supportive family as you go for surgery.

You got this!  

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Look at that! I love how people are so open about these things in America. I don't have that in Jamaica. People may look at me as some kind of freak when they see me wearing a CI. I hope I will have the opportunity to educate the ignorant masses in my country. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel  Educate 'em!  You never know, you may help pave the way for more acceptance of CIs and maybe eventually there will be a clinic there.

@Mary FeatherstonFeatherstFeatherstonFeatherst. I don't know why my post does this when I tag.  But anyway.  That is priceless to be able to hear at activation. I hope to be as lucky. @Jewel your cousins are the best!! I'm so happy your circle is surrounding you with love and support.  How is your mom nerves today as her baby girl gets closer ro getting surgery.?  I send get hugs too.  My mom was a basket of nerves. Deafness is so isolating!  When you get better we're gonna have to trade some recipes.? My mom owns a Jamaican restaurant and food truck here in NC. I think that's the reason my husband married me.. my cooking Hahaha.

• HearPeers Heroes

Oooooo I see a future field trip to @sassychele02‘s mother’s restaurant when @Jewel is in the states for an appt!  Sounds delicious.

• HearPeers Heroes

@sassychele02

My mum is holding up better since relatives are here giving support. It's hard having to do this in a foreign country but when you have many familiar faces who are a pillar of support, it helps a lot. 

They all plan to stay at the hospital until I'm discharged! They are like "this is what we came for!" 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

That brings tears to my eyes!  Super family support.  Terrific.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel your family sounds like a wonderful group of people. 

And @Mary Beth - you are so right about the isolation.  It happened to me so gradually that I just sort of adjusted and didn't realize that I was isolating my husband too.  He's been really supportive and happy for me, but also because we can resume what we had together before I stopped hearing.

@Mary FeatherstonFeatherston same here. I gradually isolated myself also from family and friendsand even my husband at times. It just gets too exhausting sometimes trying to read lips read body language and participate in " life". After reading about how you guys are embracing music now. It's on my bucket list to take piano lessons. I've always had the desire but never the hearing needed. I'm 48 so it's never too late right? 

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@sassychele02 never too late.  I went to grad school and finished my master's at 54.  You're going to get older anyway, might as well do so taking piano lessons!

• HearPeers Heroes

@sassychele02

Taking piano lessons with my CIs......quite fun!  It’s definitely never too late!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I cried at both of my activations. I sometimes cry when things sound so good that I overwhelm with emotion! It an amazing tech device with an implant and processor! 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Well, just got activated and although I got the Sonnet & rondo 2...got the FM receiver for my sonnet to connect between it and rondo 2, but I selected to get the roger select only didn’t realize that in order to connect it to rondo 2 you need the roger my link...it does not come with the initial load out of equipment, I suppose it has to be purchased separate....has anyone purchased the my link necklace ....if I’m going to use the select with the sonnet, I want to be able to use select with rondo 2 as well.....

• HearPeers Heroes

Congratulations @Betty!  It is great to see you here.

Yes you are correct.  Roger Select with Roger 21 receiver for you Sonnet.  Roger Select with ROGER MyLink neckloop receiver (on MT or T) with Rondo 2.

@Jdashiell recently purchased the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver to use with his Rondo/Rondo 2.

Connevans online ships to the US and has been the lowest price I have seen so far.  Make sure you get a ROGER MYLINK and not just a MyLink as they are not the same.  You can also find them on eBay often.