Time to Discover Rondo 2.... ;-)

XaVi

44 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Sonia

Do you have both Rondo 2 processors and Sonnet processors? 

Yes I use Sonnet in the left ear (2 and a half) and rondo 2 in the right ear (3 months)

ZaVi, I’m a Sonnet user and experience a dinging sound, almost like the bells at a railway crossing (here in Canada anyway) when first connecting the coil. Usually 3 dings but occasionally up to as many as 7. I take it to be part of the synchronization process and don’t even notice it anymore. Thought it had gone away but just tried it and the “dings” are still there.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hicksy

That’s interesting.  What do your audiologist and Med-El say about that?

I mentioned the “dinging” to my audiologist just in passing while we were working through my other problem you are aware about (resolved?) but it is so inconsequential to even mention really. I just wanted to echo ZaVi’s experience. If you really concentrate the instant the coil is connected, I wouldn’t be surprised if others pick this up as well. Like ZaVi says, it only lasts a second or so and can easily be lost in the rush of noise.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I’m new to the forum & in the process of C.I. referral.

I like the look of the Rondo 2 & wondered if anyone can advise what it’s like when listening to music. (I miss my music!) 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Andy and welcome.

The way music will sound to you is mostly based on your internal CI component and electrode array.  I enjoy music with all 3 of my external processors...Sonnet, OPUS2 and Rondo.  

Wishing you the best.

Thanks Mary, I hate my current hearing aids...listening to music is impossible & if I’m suitable for CI, I could potentially get one in about 4-5 months. (Been researching for last 6 months in anticipation).

I'm curious about the comments on wind/hair noise. I have very short hair, so hiding the CI is a non-starter, I thought it would be better than hearing aids, which again are awful when it’s windy.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andy

Present Med-El processors are Sonnet and Rondo 2.  I do not have Rondo 2, so I don’t have any experience with that processor.

Sonnets do best in omni mic setting for wind so you can ask to have a program in omni mic setting to use when wind is an issue.

Sonnets have a windblock setting for our audiologists that can be set to off, mild or strong.

Hair noise near the mic.....short hair should help you avoid that issue.  😊 

• 2 weeks later...