Aural rehab in Spanish

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger

I searched online for a type of website in Spanish that mirrored English language learning......specifically audio with written transcripts geared for new language learners so the conversational speed is a bit slower.

I found this.

http://www.podcastsinspanish.org/pages/level1.shtml

Spanish podcasts in three levels with written audio.  Maybe it will help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth any idea whether that's Spanish from Spain or Mexico or South America?  When I was young I spent quite a lot of time in Spain and could understand people there pretty consistently - in fact at one point after not hearing any English in almost a month I found myself thinking in Spanish.

Then I went to Mexico.  Ha.  The dialect is different enough that people weren't understanding me.  Now, of course, I've lost a lot of vocabulary, but I wonder if I could understand any of these?

Hey @Mary Beth thank you for this!!! I really did not expect a thread for Spanish rehab. I'm at work at the moment, So I will have a look at it when I get home so, it will be tomorrow for you :)

@Mary Featherston is right that Spanish varies a lot depending on the country you live, but for us native speakers is not that hard to catch. We have a lot of different idioms and in most cases same idioms have different meaning in different countries. 

• HearPeers Heroes
9 minutes ago, Daniel the Stranger said:

Hey @Mary Beth thank you for this!!! I really did not expect a thread for Spanish rehab. I'm at work at the moment, So I will have a look at it when I get home so, it will be tomorrow for you :)

@Mary Featherston is right that Spanish varies a lot depending on the country you live, but for us native speakers is not that hard to catch. We have a lot of different idioms and in most cases same idioms have different meaning in different countries. 

I'm far from a native speaker, I studied Spanish in high school and at university, but learned most of it from being there for a long time.  So the different dialects were harder for me.  And it was a very long time ago, and I don't remember much.  I used to go visit a manufacturing plant in Mexico where we were making one of our products and every once in a while I'd try speaking to the people on the production line and they almost always looked to Alma (the production manager) for a translation.  It was crushing, I tell you.  ?

• Haha 2