Any trouble with Sonnet rechargeable batteries

Mary Beth

• 6 months later...
On 8/29/2018 at 8:01 AM, Mary Beth said:

Hi all,

After using disposable batteries in my Sonnets I returned to using rechargeable batteries with a new set of standard rechargeable batteries.  I have 6 batteries for my bilateral Sonnets.  I start each day with two batteries that were fully charged a day prior and switch mid afternoon to two other batteries that were fully charged the evening before.  This leaves two batteries that were charged the evening before to begin the next morning.  This is how I rotate batteries and ensure that all 6 batteries are being used equally.  I use the Sonnet battery pack wallet to hold the 4 batteries not being used at the moment.

Over the past month, I have had an odd problem.  When I swap in the fully charged batteries mid day, sometimes the battery has no power at all.  The first two times this happened, the batteries had charged in the same slot position in the charger so I assumed something was wrong with that slot of the charger and Med-El replaced the charger.  Then it happened again.  This time I put a tiny sticker on the battery that had no power at all even after fully charging but kept that battery in rotation.  Then it happened yet again but it was not the battery with the sticker.  Yesterday it happened twice....one was the battery with the sticker.  So I discarded the two batteries.

Med-El is replacing the charger again and replacing the batteries this time too.  

The battery contacts are clean and I use the dry kits every night.  The dead batteries would not work in either Sonnet so it isn’t the rechargeable battery adapter nor control unit.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?  Have your Sonnet batteries ever been dead after a full charge?

Mb, this is my issue. I was leaving the batteries in the charger, my theory is that they wear down while waiting for use but i dont think that did it. My charger, batteries and processor unit have been in my hands a week

So did the replacement charger and batteries fix your issue?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

That post is from 3 years ago.  I honestly do not recall if the replacements solved the problem. But I never had the problem that none of my rechargeable batteries worked.

Long ago I decided I am more comfortable using disposable batteries and have been using Power One implant batteries ever since.

Ok thNks for your help. I dont even know what to do. Ive texted my rep, maybe she will assist. Are there instructions here? Ive got to go find a ride and get some more batteries before i cant even tirn on my implant. See ya later

Already called, Hmmm not too happy with the person i got, i had to tell her three times that yes disposables work, rechargable not. She thought the solution was to wipe the adapter with alcohol and if it didnt work i should just use disposable. Aaaack!

working with laura my rep. Now, im sure she will help. By the way cleaning didnt resolve fyi, made sense but didnt help.

Hi, firstly. After several days of messing with rechargables. I finally found a good "slide" and made the recargBles work! Its tricky, have to slide til on, then back slide a fraction and they work! Tg cuz my monday delivery of batteries still not here, Looks like usps fiddle farted around in illinois still not here.

Lesson learned? Make sure batteries stock on hand is plenty so orders have plenty of shipping time.

Thanks all. Di

My rep sent a message yesterday that they are shipping a replacement adapter and sleeve for fix.

So rehabbing awaaayyyyy

I would like to say I use rechargeable batteries about 95% of the time. A little over 4 1/2 years with constantly rotating 7 batteries and I have had no problems at all except for losing one😀

• Like 2

I don’t really keep track. The second set are approaching 3 years but I haven’t noticed any significant drop-off of any so far.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:41 PM, Dianna said:

Tg cuz my monday delivery of batteries still not here

Tg = Thank godness (?)
cuz = because (?)

Oh my god this is hard to read for non-native-english readers like me, especially when there are some words improperly written, too. But congratulations that you found a workaround and share it with us.