Sonnet disposable battery life with ABI

Mary Beth

Hi Mary Beth, 

Interesting question :). We checked in with our experts here at HQ and they say that there disposable batteries for SONNET with ABI should last a similar length of time to SONNET with CI. Of course, the exact time will vary a bit depending on individual use and settings. I hope this answers your question. 

Kind regards, 

Mary 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Mary,  

Do you think we can have a topic called ABI for HearPeers?  We don’t have active ABI users that I am aware of but it may be nice for ABI users to see a category that represents them when they visit HPs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 9:27 AM, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi Mary Beth, 

Interesting question :). We checked in with our experts here at HQ and they say that there disposable batteries for SONNET with ABI should last a similar length of time to SONNET with CI. Of course, the exact time will vary a bit depending on individual use and settings. I hope this answers your question. 

Kind regards, 

Mary 

Mary,

I Have Cochlear Nucleus 6 Processor, This December 2018 Will Be Three Years. I Was Able To Get The Power One P675 Implant Batteries Direct From Cochlear. Got Email Telling Me Effective 07/2018 No Longer Will Have These Batteries. They Had A Company Microbattery To Call. I First Called Medicare They Told Me For Medicare To Pay Th 80% Have To Get The Power One P675 Implant Batteries From A Approved Medicare Supplier Who Accepts Medicare Billing And Payment. I Just Found Out Cochlear And Microbattery Form A Web Site Cochlear Batteries To Get Batteries But They Do Not Bill Medicare, They Are Not A Approved Medicare Provider.

Medicare Has Given Me About 15-17 Places To Call Which Showed They Are A Approved Medicare Provider, But NONE Sell Batteries.

I'am Needing Help. My Rechargeable Batteries Last Me About 5-7 Hours Which I have To Carry Two Extra Batteries. The Power One P675 Implant Battery Will Give Me two Days.

Do You Have Knowledge Where To Call To Find Who Is A Approved Medicare Provider To Get The Batteries? I Have Been Out Since July 25th,2018.

Thanks P D Kelley

Hi @P D Kelley

Thanks for reaching out to us here on HearPeers. As Cochlear is a separate company to MED-EL, I am not sure where you can get their batteries from. I would recommend reaching out to them directly. They should be able to clear this up for you. 

Kind regards, 

Mary 

Cochlear stop billing Medicare Effective 07/01/2018. They Had Micropower Battery Company Listed As A Preferred Place To Get Batteries, But They Do Not File with Medicare. Then Cochlear & Micropower Battery Company Became A Partner Setting Up A Web Site  www.cochlearbatteries.com Which Again They Do Not File With Medicare Also The Batteries Cost Leaves Extra Out Of Pocket Cost For Cochlear Folks. I Have Called Several Times & Talked With Many Medicare Agents I Have Gotten The Same Answer From Medicare.Which Is Send In But Since The Provider Is Not An Approved Medicare Provider They Said This Would Be Declined For Payment, You Can Appeal But Again I Was Told This Would Be Declined. I Have Many Calls From Phone Numbers From Medicare Agents Which Showed These Being Approved Medicare Provider But Each One Did Not Have The Disposal Batteries Just Medical Equipment.

I am Lost On How Cochlear Will Abandoned Their Cochlear Implants People. This November Will Be Three Years Of Getting My Cochlear Implant. You Would Think Cochlear Would Of Done The Stop Billing Medicare On The Disposal Batteries Say Effective Say November 1st,Or  December 1st  2018 Or January 1st, 2019 On New Cochlear Implants And Keep The Current Old Cochlear Implants People Going With Disposal Batteries. They Have Throw The Old Cochlear Implants  Under The Bus. 

Thanks

P D Kelley

Power One P675 Batteries Are The Disposal Batteries

Edited by P D Kelley