Artone Neckloop

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow, just had a great experience with my Artone neckloop.  I was scheduled to be in a conference call with colleagues from both the US and Germany at 8:00 this morning.  But....I didn't leave my house until almost 8:00.  Normally I call into conference calls on my office phone using the speaker, but I got my neckloop out and used my cell phone in the car.

AND I COULD HEAR ALMOST EVERYONE.  I have never - ever - been able to hear and understand the guys in Germany, but this morning I could.  This is just amazing.

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Yay!  The Artone neckloop is terrific!  Did you set your Sonnet to MT or T for the call?

• HearPeers Heroes

I started with MT, thinking that I should hear outside noise but ended up at T.

Deaf people drive anyway, and it's an extremely familiar route.  It was fine.

Fine?  It was awesome.  ?

• HearPeers Heroes

I use my Artone on T as well.  A friend who is bilateral uses her Artone on daily walks. She keeps one processor on T and one on MT.  Soon you will have an option like that too, @Mary Featherston

• 1 month later...

HELP...I bought the Artone Neckloop yesterday, charged it, paired it to my Samsung cellphone, and pressed the button in the center to turn on. My friend called me  and I can't hear anything. I then paired it to my friend's iPhone and still no sound when she did a test call to me.  Then I checked my volume, it's all the way up.  I read the few troubleshooting paragraphs in the instruction that came with the neckloop and see where it mentions that I must have the tele coil on...so I pushed the "T" on my finetuner and ALL  sound went away.  What am I doing wrong?

• HearPeers Heroes

To use a neckloop, which transmits sound to our telecoil, we must be in either MT or T to pick up the sound.

MT mixes telecoil sound with your regular mics picking up sound as usual.

T only gives us access to telecoil sound.

There needs to be sound playing on the paired device to hear it.

Try again and let us know if you still have trouble.  Be careful that center button on the Artone also functions as mute.

I will try again, but one more question before I do...do I put my finetuner in "T" before I anticipate that I will get a phone call?  Because as soon as I put it in "T" I hear NOTHING...

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, pakom said:

I will try again, but one more question before I do...do I put my finetuner in "T" before I anticipate that I will get a phone call?  Because as soon as I put it in "T" I hear NOTHING...

Were you wearing the neckloop around your neck?  If not you won't hear anything.

Mary, yes, it is around my neck...It's working now,  I had to put my finetuner into "MT" and then I took an incoming call...it worked, I actually heard it in my ears.  BUT it wasn't "crystal clear", it was kinda groggy sounding, but I could understand.  I am sooo happy that this thing is working, I was afraid it was defective.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm glad it worked for you!  I have used mine in "T" mode and it sounds great.  Maybe there was a temporary problem with the bluetooth pairing?

• HearPeers Heroes
On 9/5/2018 at 9:45 AM, Mary Beth said:

I use my Artone on T as well.  A friend who is bilateral uses her Artone on daily walks. She keeps one processor on T and one on MT.  Soon you will have an option like that too, @Mary Featherston

Yep!  Looking forward to it, @Mary Beth.  Also, I should say, @pakom - I hesitated to ask if you had it around your neck because it's pretty elementary but I actually (ahem) learned that the hard way.  ?

Thanks to you all for the replies.  Right now it's working in MT, maybe I'll try T again in a day or two.

• HearPeers Heroes

@pakom

If it works in MT it will work in T.  But when we switch to T, our mics shut off so we hear nothing.  Until sound is streaming from your phone/iPad to the neckloop.

• HearPeers Heroes

You are welcome @pakom.  There is so much to learn.  Ask any questions you have and someone will jump in!  Good luck!

How does "mute" work on the Artone neckloop?  I cannot find any mention of "mute" in the users guide.

• HearPeers Heroes

Click the center button and it pauses your sound streaming (audiobook, etc).  Maybe I should’ve called it pause.

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I absolutely love the Artone! Had I understood how it worked I would not have waited until the audi told me I could use the Roger Pen to start using the Artone. 

I have been using the Bluetooth on my laptop to connect to it and have been streaming music to it while at work this week! The music sounds very clear but for songs I don't know it is hard for me to really pick up the correct tune although I'm hearing the words sung. Does that sound strange? I didn't realise that I could use the Artone in MT. I had been using it in T all along. It's much clearer in T. 

I wonder how long it will take me to appreciate music I've never heard before. 

Thanks @Mary Bethfor first introducing me to the Artone. It was an excellent buy! I love music 🎶 🎶 🎶 again!!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

I am glad you are enjoying the Artone @Jewel.

Have you tried the BOSE QC35 for music yet?  It is amazing.  Be sure to set your phone or iPad so all audio goes out mono to the side you hear on.  This way you won’t miss any audio.  (This is not needed with the Artone as it is mono sound.)

• HearPeers Heroes

No I have not christened the Bose yet. I will try it tonight! Will let you know how I find it. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

At which point in time did you start using the artone with good effect? And do unilateral implantees use it?

I am 3 months in and generally doing well, but I have not worked out if/when to use the artone.