Artone Neckloop

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

I started to use the Artone 1.5 months after activation. I love it. I'm unilaterally implanted. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Why did you use it so early? Was it to boost your training? (Assuming your other ear is good)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

Both my ears qualify for CIs.

I think I was asked if I had tried out the Artone yet and most likely @Mary Bethwas the one who explained how to use it and to try it. So I did. I ended up using it to listen to webinars and music at work. 

• HearPeers Heroes
42 minutes ago, Jewel said:

@Kylie

Both my ears qualify for CIs.

I think I was asked if I had tried out the Artone yet and most likely @Mary Bethwas the one who explained how to use it and to try it. So I did. I ended up using it to listen to webinars and music at work. 

Ah that makes sense.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

I can see the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop being helpful when you wish to train your CI side.  But for general streaming for enjoyment, wouldn’t you prefer the sound to go to both sides?  The CozyPhones would work.  Or around the ear headphones.  Or a split headphone jack with the DAI to the Sonnet and an earbud to the acoustic ear.

• HearPeers Heroes
13 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Kylie

I can see the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop being helpful when you wish to train your CI side.  But for general streaming for enjoyment, wouldn’t you prefer the sound to go to both sides?  The CozyPhones would work.  Or around the ear headphones.  Or a split headphone jack with the DAI to the Sonnet and an earbud to the acoustic ear.

Yes I'll look at these options for both sides, thanks @Mary Beth.

Also I have the neckloop in my kit and am trying to work out if it had any use for me...? For training I like being cabled.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

Since you have it I would encourage you to test it out for training only because it gives you true 100/0 mix by going on T and the red jack audio cable is a 90/10 mix.

• 1 month later...

@Mary Beth I remember you said somewhere else that Artone 3 Max has an updated version with a better battery life, but I couldn't find any info about which Artone 3 Max is newer. The one with worse battery life had different name or something? My local MED-EL rep sell Artone 3 Max but just want to make sure I buy the correct version. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Evren

Both have the same name.

Older version uses a pin charger.

Newer version uses a mini USB charger.

Both work great.  I have both types.

• HearPeers Heroes

Let us know what you think of it after you test it out.  I used mine all weekend while listening to an audiobook while knitting.

Will definitely share my thoughts when I get my hands on it :) I'm eagerly waiting to reach to the point that I can listen to audio books. There are tons of exciting stuff to do out there. 

The Artone has been great for me as well. It's a good way to exercise my brain while at work between meetings. My coworkers are surprisingly quiet out of meetings. The beginning is difficult, but gets easier as the brain's interpretation of the sound spectrum widens.

• Like 2