Second cochlear implant

pudge4moke

Same here, I went from Mono to Stereo in a space of 5 months. Best decision I have ever made. Speech is much more clear and watching TV is like being at the Cinema lol.

Unlike @Dave in Pittsburgh, I have been too lazy to do rehab. surprisingly, my second implant has advanced faster than the first one. I already feel more comfortable talking on the phone using my second implant just 4 weeks after activation. Things like these make you realise that everyone's journey can be totally different.

Hey Daniel the Stranger thanks for the compliment about rehab like you the second time around was easier I still have some difficulty with phone although I do have close caption on both the house and cell phone.

Keep us informed on your progress 

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,  I had my surgery Jan 4 for my second CI.  Surgery went smooth and followup Jan 22 and activation Jan 29.  I will be in stereo hopefully.

I was excited to let everyone know.  I'm doing pretty good since the surgery, some swelling and pain but tolerable.

THANKS for listening.