Roger System options with various Med-El processors

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Here is a link to the Roger configuration option which shows the various Roger transmitters (mics) and various Roger receivers that work with Med-El processors.  Please note type (02) is different than type (03).

https://www.phonakpro.com/us/en/support/product-support/wireless-accessories/roger-configurator.html.html#

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I tested Roger 21 receivers on my Sonnets and kept the Roger transmitter off.  There was a noticeable volume decrease in all sounds.  I checked with some others and several people experience the same thing.

• HearPeers Heroes

My regular program is in omni and when I switched battery covers to the Roger 21 with the Roger Pen off, the mic volume decreased.  So the decrease in mic volume is not connected to omni mic setting for me.

Hi @Jewel, I've checked in with the experts and they have said that there are a few reasons for the volume change: First, once you put on the Roger 21 and start streaming with it, the signal is routed through the FM contacts in our system. Second, if you are in a directional listening setting beforehand (adaptive or natural) then the microphone input signal is damped by 6dB. Without this,  most users would experience a louder signal than beforehand as the microphone triggers input from all sides instead of the front. 

I hope this helps to explain it a little better. In short, it is something to be aware of, but nothing to be concerned about. 

Kind regards, 

Mary

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

That is interesting.  

I use omni mic settings always in my Sonnets and the Sonnet mic volume was dampened for me as well.