November and December 2018 dates

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes
8 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

In the early times of being bilateral I was surprised at the perceived volume differences of recorded words presented at 50 dB.  

Quietest to loudest perceived volume went like this:

new CI side

first CI side

bilateral

In reality the words were exactly the same volume!

When the new CI side got balanced with the first CI side, each side sounded the same volume on that test.  Together the perceived volume is louder.  It’s one of the benefits of hearing with two ears.

That's how it sounds to me too.  But....at some point did the first and second sides get equalized?

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, good.

I suppose three days after activation is a tad early to begin worrying.  ?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

That made me LOL!  

Your new side needs to take its own journey.  It will become stable.  When we have two stable sides, we aim to balance them in volume.

• Like 1

Well, just came back from my mapping. Mappings are getting easier every time I go, I don't need to analyse electrode pitches as much as before. Audi is very happy with my progress, coming back to work, I could make a call to my mom while driving and using the car's bluetooth.  First time it took about 2 weeks or so, this time less than a week.

I got 2 more mappings in the next 3 weeks. Next one in week and a half.

• HearPeers Heroes

Is anyone having surgery or getting activated in the rest of Nov or in Dec and want to let us know so we can cheer you on?

After so many busy months of surgeries and activations on HearPeers, we seem to have a quiet time coming up.

• HearPeers Heroes

Second mapping of my second CI today:  added lots of volume and it's helped a lot.  Still not all the way to clarity, but I need the volume for rehab!

• Like 2