Using headphones with Sonnets while flying problem

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

As most of you know, I am a big fan of BOSE QC35 BT headphones ? and love them when flying.  So I am sad to report that flying home this weekend caused Sonnet problems.  This is the second time my Sonnets got messed up while flying with headphones.  The first time it happened I thought it was a fluke.  Then I flew several times without any problems.  But alas, this is the exact same problem as before so something is not right.

So I guess I will not be flying with my Sonnets and headphones.  I don’t understand why this causes a problem.

It seems to effect the Sonnet mics.  Distorted, garbled sound quality with fluctuations in volume.

@MED-EL Moderator

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh my sorry to hear @Mary Beth.

Do you have to get the Sonnets remapped because of this? 

And I bought the Bose headphones specifically for the flights. Oh well. Guess I won't be chancing that. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Perhaps a mix of pressure and dry environment changes ¿..? If you need to remap sonnet, ask to the audi about it. It have curiosity.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am wondering too @Valentin because it messed up how all the MAPs on the Sonnets sound, not just the MAPs I was using at the time.  It’s like the mics got damaged somehow.  Weird.

@Mary Beth I have checked with our R&D experts about this: They have never heard of this happening before and are convinced it is not from the processors. Are the MAPs still affected? If you want to share more details via PM I will pass this on to our team and see if they can investigate it from here. Kind regards, Mary 

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm interested in following the investigation of this issue. It's a fact that Sonet/BOSE QC35 BT headphones and the airplanes are not compatible.

• HearPeers Heroes

Never Mary Beth. But your comment twice with same devices, say me something don't go well.

• HearPeers Heroes

I know.  It makes me nervous too.  I will keep you posted @Valentin.  I have flown several times with them and the Sonnets without any problems.  (On long flights too)

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm concerned what happen if this happen far away of your usual location during some weeks or more than one month. Has had someone this issue. Can you go to other MED EL authorized center to remap or recover your map configuration?

• 3 weeks later...