Mary Beth

Amazing video series from Med-El

This is so moving.  Vera and her husband Nigel are being filmed all along her journey!

Follow the link.  Be sure to select the link in the description to access the first episode.

This is weird.

I am unable to view more than 30 seconds - the video stops showing at "MedEl.com/veras Journey", however in your text, you show "https://www.medel.com/community/veras-journey"

Either entry, I am taken no further than the MedEl.com home page. 

Ive tried Safari, and Chrome browsers 

@Jdashiell

@MED-EL Moderator

I had trouble finding the full first episode too from Med-El ‘s FB post.  It was confusing because the video link is not episode one.  I found it by looking in Med-El ‘s written description above the video and following that link.

Here is a link to episode 1 on YouTube

Hi @Mary Beth,

Thanks for pointing that out - I can see that is must be quite confusing due to the page layout and our Web Team is working on a solution.

In the meantime, you can go directly to episode 1 here: https://www.medel.com/community/veras-journey#title-part1. The link mentioned in the  video (https://www.medel.com/veras-journey) also redirects to the same page, though you have to scroll down to see Episode 1. 

We hope to correct this for episode 2. 

Kind regards, 

Mary

Next episode has been released!

Episode 3:  Activation!

This is a fabulous series!  Thank you Vera and Nigel!

Episode 4

The brain’s response to the new CI input!  Excellent episode!

All of them have been great. Happy to follow Vera's journey. 

I agree @Jewel

This is an excellent video series!

Welcome to HearPeers @Vera!

great to see you here.

@vera

I know exactly what you were describing about fighting with your brain and then poof your brain gets it!  So true.

Hi Mary Beth.  Thank you so much for sharing these.  I’ve just now joined HearPeers and look forward to getting involved.  Vera.

Welcome to Hear Peers @Vera.

Thanks for sharing your story via the Med El videos. You're off to a great start. Now that you have a CI do you wear a HA in the other ear? 

Hello Jewel.  Yes I do.  Sound feels much better to me when I have both sides in play, even if the hearing aid side is very, very deaf!  It also means I have quite reasonable directional hearing.  Not for birds (too high pitched - that only comes in via the implant) but for speech I can usually tell what side sound is coming from.  Vera.

@Joan

links to Vera’s videos are above and @Vera joined HPs yesterday too!

@Mary Beth @Vera such an incredible series of videos! Thank you so much, Vera, for sharing your entire journey so intimately and eloquently (and for introducing us to Nigel!). 

@Vera

Isn't the CI amazing? Are you finding that Nigel sounds normal to you now? Things change so quickly in the early weeks. Wishing you all the best in your journey. 

Wow! Welcome @Vera  I really enjoyed the videos as well. I especially enjoyed the fact that your CI centre gave you so much info at the first session with activation. We don’t ge that here. So if it wasn’t for this forum I would have been lost as to where to start.