HearPeers and its awesome members

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

While participating in the Med-El Meetup, I found myself talking repeatedly about how awesome everyone is in our HearPeers forum.  It seemed that most people thought HearPeers was a forum for people just starting on their CI journeys or in the early stages of gathering information.

To me, HearPeers is a community of Med-El users, and a few users of other brands.  It is a place to celebrate WOW moments, ask questions, share listening difficulties and tips, and so much more.  Many of us have developed lifelong friendships which extend outside the HearPeers forum.

HearPeers has not always been such a vibrant, awesome, diverse community.  I am thankful to each HearPeers member for making HearPeers what it is today....my favorite online community of CI users.

I must’ve been a bit persuasive as several participants have joined!  Smile.

So thank you for making HearPeers so awesome.  

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah, @Mary Beth I think you can be just a BIT persuasive! 

I agree, it's very cool what the forum is becoming since Med-El fixed the functional problems.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

It’s so definitely come a long way! I love this community! 

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm so thankful for HearPeers and all the individual HPs. Idk how I would have managed without it. It has been about a year since I joined the forum and what a year it has been! Thanks guys! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So fellow awesome HearPeers members.......

what is it about HearPeers that makes you want to stick around and participate?

For me it is a combination of the fantastic community of people here, an opportunity to try to pay it forward by helping others on their hearing journeys and the ability to get accurate information straight from Med-El when we have questions.

What is it for you?

• HearPeers Heroes

Much of what you said, @Mary Beth, but I'd add that it's not easy to meet others with CIs.  There's no way to find others in our situation and odds are that there aren't many nearby.  Being able to come here with questions is invaluable.  Even my audiologist, as much and I like, trust, and respect her, is not herself a CI user and can't really know what the journey's like from our side of the programming computer!

I also have been grateful - and developed even more respect for Med-El for their acceptance of CI-borgs with other brands of CIs.  It's shared by AB - I have been made welcome in their Thursday night chats.  But it's a very cool thing nonetheless.

• HearPeers Heroes

Spending time, through social media and in person, with other CI users is so important.  I’m looking forward to meeting more CI users in person.

We should schedule informal HearPeers members meetups!

• HearPeers Heroes

Agreed @Mary Beth! The community and the awesome opportunity to pay it forward.  It’s so rewarding to help and guide new CI users and be a part of their journey! Informal HPs meetups would be a great idea ? 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
57 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

I spend time in Madison, Wisconsin.  How far away is that from you?

About four hours.  Given some warning, I'd do it.  Let me know when you go there!