Storing your stuff

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

So with my second CI I just got a second Big Huge Bag O' Stuff.  The first one's still sitting near the chair in my bedroom.  What do you all do for storage and organization for all the replacement parts and batteries and whatnot?

I got 2 huge backpacks, one for each processor plus a bunch of boxes and packages too.

I got rid of one set of boxes and put everything inside the big box which is stored in the chest of drawers. I'm going to give one of the backpacks away to a family member in my country.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

(No, I didn't mean to quote anything).

I have been looking at old card catalogs.  They're wood and have anywhere from 2 to 50 drawers.  There are quite a lot of old ones on eBay, and while most are pretty expensive, I found a couple that aren't.  They need refinishing but my husband is a handyman.  Still poking around....

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston 

Thats exactly what did! I have a little wooden chest that I painted different colors and put all my CI stuff in there. It works quite well and it’s nice to look at!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L. my husband found me an antique wooden toolbox on eBay.  It will arrive in about a week.  The drawers are felt-lined and it looks nice!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Oooooo sounds lovely @Mary Featherston!! Lining the drawers are the next step for me. Haven’t found any material I like, so for now the inside is painted. Would love to see this antique wooden toolbox ?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L. here are pictures from the eBay listing.  Outside and inside.  There are more drawers than that, it's just representative.

outside.JPG

inside.JPG

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L. and I even have room for it in the bedroom if I just put some books away....

• HearPeers Heroes
1 minute ago, Megan L. said:

@Mary Featherston or you can stack the books on top! I love books....I try to display mine as possible ?

Oh, ha.  My house is full of books. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L. it is. 

I tell you what, when I die it's going to be a huge job for someone to clean up.

• HearPeers Heroes

(Mostly I mean because of all the books and stuff, not because of the fireplace)

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston ? those are a lot of books! Maybe Will them to a book lover this way it won’t feel like a huge clean up job. It’d be more like discovering burried treasures and hidden gems ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 11/9/2018 at 10:25 AM, Megan L. said:

@Mary Featherston 

Thats exactly what did! I have a little wooden chest that I painted different colors and put all my CI stuff in there. It works quite well and it’s nice to look at!

@Megan L.,can you show us a pix of your box?