Traveling away from home with rechargeable batteries

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Today I read a post about a teen CI user on vacation with her family, and her rechargeable battery charger stopped working.  Requests went out on FB looking for kind CI users of her brand near where her family is vacationing.  She needs to find a rechargeable battery charger so she can hear.  I hope someone can help her.

That made me think about rechargeable batteries and traveling.

Rondo 2 uses a Qi charger I believe so possibly people could access a charger if this happened on vacation.

Sonnet and OPUS2 users.....do you also bring your disposable battery packs and disposable batteries when you travel?  Or do you bring 2 rechargeable battery chargers along?

I travel with disposable batteries.  Easier to pack, last longer, less hotel outlets needed.

What do you travel with?

Hi Mary Beth:

I travel frequently and always bring all of my batteries - Rechargable as well as disposables for my Opus 2s.  I upgraded to Sonnets a couple of weeks ago and have decided that since there is no easy on/off switch on the Sonnets (I like to turn them off during flights), I will probably use the Opus 2s just for the flights and then switch back to the Sonnets once I get where I am going.  I have three trips planned over the next several months, so I will be bringing everything for both sets of CIs with me.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I only take along my charger for the rechargeables but now that I have read this I am gonna start taking disposables as a backup. Better to be prepared than sorry. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel remember the disposable battery pack too!  Yeah, I felt so sad for that teen.

@Annie Hawman Great to see you!  I plan to fly with my OPUS2s as well.  You travel often.  Care to share a list of CI items you bring along?

I always use disposables while traveling so not to have to switch so often. I do take the rechargeables as backup?. But I do find the rechargeables don’t keep much of a charge if left for a week or so just sitting without charging. Couple of hours only I find.

As a frequent traveler I take both rechagable and disposable batteries as there is pro and cons as when and where you use them. I also pack and extra extra coil cover just in case you’res falls off hits the ground and cracks,also if you have them extra battery frame for disposable batteries ,rechargeable battery adapter for the rechargeable batteries,you never know

s

No they never popped off but I did have one that fell off my head and hit the cement pavement and cracked the case

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh the entire processor fell off.  Bummer.

Yep it only happen once but to me it’s one too many if you are away from home