Sonnet Mic Covers

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

How often do you change your Sonnet mic covers and what sound differences do you notice after you change the mic covers?

• HearPeers Heroes

You know, I was just thinking about this.  I changed my mic cover on my first Sonnet after three months, but there was no change in sound at all and I think I probably didn't need to.  Also, at the MED-EL meetup, battery covers came up too.

How often do you all change those?

• HearPeers Heroes

You will know when your Sonnet battery covers need to be changed because they will start giving you trouble powering on when they get too loose.  They are only under US warranty for 1 year.

• Like 1

Hi @Mary Beth! I changed my mic covers recently due to that issue I was having with one of them popping up. I didn't notice any difference in sound quality personally. Unfortunately it turned out that the processor itself was broken - the clear plastic part under the mic cover had detached, so I am being sent a new processor. That's the second time a processor has broken in a year; both times in slightly different places but at the top. My clinic said this happens with Sonnets and recommended I don't grip the top at all when I'm removing the battery cover, but I find it hard to remove it when I am only gripping the end of the earhook (also, I worry the earhook or pin will snap). I have never been rough with it, so it's a shame this happens!

• HearPeers Heroes

@MallaRuth

I have found a way that is working for me.  I will try to send you a video.

No pressure near the mic cover nor the tip of the hook.

It is frustrating when the Sonnets have issues..

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 11/13/2018 at 7:29 AM, Mary Beth said:

@MallaRuth

I have found a way that is working for me.  I will try to send you a video.

No pressure near the mic cover nor the tip of the hook.

It is frustrating when the Sonnets have issues..

@Mary Beth

Can you please share that vid with me?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Jewel

I deleted the video but I will try to describe it.

I use under the hook as a pressure point instead of anywhere near the mic cover.  Thumb under the hook and press up.