RogerPen/FM Battery Cover

Dave in Pittsburgh

I am user input I have a Roger Pen which is great I also have the FM battery cover I have 2 for each ear as I am bilateral and 2-Roger Reciver does anyone use both systems and if so describe the reason of useing one over the othe

• HearPeers Heroes

Are you asking to compare the Roger X boot receiver with the Roger 21 battery door receiver?

No I am asking if one would use both systems Roger and or FM and if so why?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

Are you comparing Phonak’s Dynamic FM To Phonak’s Roger system?

I just want to be sure I understand before I type a response.  There are many advantages to Roger and only a few negatives in my opinion.

Yes ,I am and yes I do agree about all of the advantages of the Roger I can’t see any reason for the FM

• HearPeers Heroes

Okay...then I will just comment on FM.  Smile.

First so others know....Phonak advanced from FM to Roger, so there are many advantages to Roger.

FM though has a few advantages.  It is a stronger signal so covers a larger area.  It also does not require line of sight or bouncing off walls like Roger does so it works better outdoors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I use roger pen with roger x right and roger 21 left - very happy with phone calls on iPhone 6s+, restaurants, etc  

i also have roger select that I prefer to use over the pen in restaurants and family gathering such as thanksgiving 

i have ave never used fm

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Did you purchase the Roger Select from an audiologist or online from Connevans?

It is a great mic in noise.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

You bought it for $889? The $742 doesn't include value added tax. I think Connevans would still charge the tax. 

@Mary Featherston

Yes I got the Roger Pen. I hardly use it. Only when I have meetings I utilise it. It's very helpful but I think the Select is more suited for my needs. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel I haven't often even used it in meetings, I seem to be doing okay.  But I'm glad to have it, I do have to go to really big meetings at corporate sometimes and I think I could get the speaker to put it on the podium.

• HearPeers Heroes

What size meetings do you just use the Sonnet @Mary Featherston?

I had a meeting of about 8 people last week and the Pen was a great help. 

But if I go to a place where there is a podium and microphone I just use my Sonnet and I hear fine. No lipreading necessary. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel most of my meetings are 2-10 people or so.  We have 'em in conference rooms so there's little background noise (except for Troy, who WILL click his pen all the dang time).  So for the most part I don't have trouble.  I used to struggle with accents, but we had a meeting with two guys from 3M China and one from the UK recently and I could understand all three of them.

It's kind of amazing to me.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

That is certainly amazing. And it will be even more amazing when your newly implanted ear reaches its potential!

Maybe I should try to see if I can make out a meeting with 6 people without the pen and just walk with the pen as a backup. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel I suspect that part of what makes it easy for me is that my coworkers know about my hearing (well, my lack of it) and some of them make an effort to speak clearly and at a reasonable volume when I'm there.