Hello from Australia

Little_chooky

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Hi Caroline - another Aussie here, I'm in Sydney and use the wonderful SCIC for my preparation, rehab and ongoing mapping checks. I'm not sure if they are in Victoria or if there is a similar group there. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

@VeroNika - I visit Graz every year to pick up my motorcycle that's stored in Sinabelkirchen. I'd love to meet you next year when I'm over.

Matt

@matt - would be great to meet up in Graz next year, looking forward to it! 😃But how come, you as an Aussie have your bike stored in sinabelkirchen?what kind of bike do you ride?

On 11/28/2018 at 9:24 PM, Matt said:

Hi Caroline - another Aussie here, I'm in Sydney and use the wonderful SCIC for my preparation, rehab and ongoing mapping checks. I'm not sure if they are in Victoria or if there is a similar group there. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

@VeroNika - I visit Graz every year to pick up my motorcycle that's stored in Sinabelkirchen. I'd love to meet you next year when I'm over.

Matt

Hey @Matt - thanks for your message! I am glad you found SCIC to be excellent for your implant :) 

We have an implant centre here in Melbourne but to be honest I don't know what it's reputation is. My ENT says he will not refer me to speak to anyone about a CI this early (its only just over 2 months since I lost my hearing), even though he says the loss is permanent. He also says CI is usually a last resort for SSD which I am not sure is the opinion of all surgeons. But anyway.. I have a long road to go down... I may pick your brain at some point for more advice on the aussie experience of CI implantation!

Sounds like you get away on lots of adventures each year! I'm sad to say I've never made it over to WOMAD - but it must be good if you get there every year.

Thanks for saying hi :)