Dry Box

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

I just opened up my boxes from my new CI to put all the little doodahs into that wooden toolbox we bought for them and learned something.  In between May and November, Med-El starting shipping a different dry box.  It's not the white one anymore, it's - well, actually, it's pretty similar to the Sonnet Nordic Grey color.  It appears to work exactly the same, but looks different.

• HearPeers Heroes

This looks very nice!  Will Med-El US start selling them to us in the online shop?  It would be much better when traveling as I only bring one dry kit while traveling and the white model makes it difficult to fit 2 Sonnets in together.

That new dry kit looks terrific!

Thanks for sharing @Mary Featherston

@MED-EL Moderator Do you know if Med-El USA will start selling them to us?  I could use one and the manufacturer says to purchase it through a CI vendor.

• HearPeers Heroes

That's the dry box I have. 

@Mary Beth

Can you show me the one you have that doesn't use electricity? I wanna order one. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel  I can speak from experience, the Dry Caddy works better than some other brands.  I used to use this sort of thing for my hearing aids, but then when I got my first CI we went camping and it (of course) rained all week.  Even though I was putting the CI in the desiccant jar, it still got too damp and cut off.  Fast forward to September and we went camping again, and it rained (see the pattern?) and I had a Dry Caddy and my CI was just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

The Dry Space is now in the US Med-El shop

FA645C7C-E1A7-4019-A50A-412A82A54B03.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I received the Dry Space box I ordered through the Med-El US shop.  It holds 2 Sonnets easily.  And it has a USB plug for charging.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

This is an odd question as it may require sharing a home with people who hear at night.....

the Dry-Space UV kit that I purchased through the Med-El shop online is now making a quite loud cackling sound the entire time it is running (4 hours).  As my other Dry Kits were quiet, I think something is wrong with my Dry-Space UV kit.  Do your kits make a cackling noise?

@Jewel

@Nikki

@Mary Featherston

anyone else who has one too!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I haven't the faintest idea cos I'm not wearing a processor when I turn on the dryer! Will check tonight. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Yup.  I was clueless too until my spouse told me.  Since it did not make that noise originally, I am thinking something went wrong with it already.

• HearPeers Heroes

I haven't even taken that new one out of the box yet.  I'm using the white one I got with my first CI.

Sorry, @Mary Beth.

• HearPeers Heroes

When I am home, I use two dry kits so each processor gets great air flow.  I purchased this Dry-Space kit because it can hold two Sonnets with more room than when I put two Sonnets in the white Dry Kit while traveling.  Thanks for letting me know.

• HearPeers Heroes

Replacement dry space kit just arrived.  Fingers crossed it is quiet like all of yours!

@Jewel

@Nikki

• Like 2