Dry Box

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

In the US when items are under warranty with Med-El, they send shipping labels for needed returns.  It is quite a quick and easy process.  Terrific customer service.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:18 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Is it this one?  Same company.  New model.  Looks like it may hold 2 Sonnets better than the white model and it is USB.

https://www.flow-med.com/product/dry-space-uv/

A580187D-A3B1-41BB-89FB-A8B34E54AD79.png

This is the dryer that l have! Also she told me that I will be receiving a Rondo2 ( l believe it was 2) from Med El,in the near future,as part of a promo that's happening.I wasn't expecting that,but it's a great surprise!

• HearPeers Heroes

@GraniPeggy

That is exciting.  I believe Dr. Pillsbury’s practice is a two processor center.  Having a back up processor is very helpful.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:53 PM, Mary Beth said:

@GraniPeggy

That is exciting.  I believe Dr. Pillsbury’s practice is a two processor center.  Having a back up processor is very helpful.

You are right,Mary Beth,l did receive a back up processor! It was a relief,too,because I'd already wondered how I'd manage if the original one needed repair!

• HearPeers Heroes

Well how should we proceed to be sure our dry boxes are not actually malfunctioning?

After this experience, I will turn my dry kits on to test them while wearing my processors from time to time.

4 years into this journey and still learning!

• 3 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Well this model of dry kit is not working out well for me.  Both of the previous dry kit models worked great.  No problems at all for years.  I purchased this Dry Space kit in December.  It was replaced in Feb due to making a crackling noise the entire cycle.  Now the replacement kit is getting too hot.  I purchased the Dry Space so there would be more room for two processors while traveling but I do not trust it at all.  It has been quite disappointing.  I am using the white Dry Star kits again

• HearPeers Heroes

This kit (same company) was the dry kit Med-El used to include and it has worked great for me.

2F7F95DA-01EB-49AC-9D07-CDB1AFF18BD2.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Interesting.  I got the white one with my first CI and the gray one with the second.  I haven't even opened the gray one up.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

my white dry-Star kits work great.  I am sticking with them.  I think I have older versions though because I don’t think they are usb. But maybe they are and I’m just forgetting.

update- I have Dry-Star UV and they are not USB.  The newer version is called Dry-Star UV 2.  It has USB.

Which one do you have Mary?

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

my white dry-Star kits work great.  I am sticking with them.  I think I have older versions though because I don’t think they are usb. But maybe they are and I’m just forgetting.

update- I have Dry-Star UV and they are not USB.  The newer version is called Dry-Star UV 2.  It has USB.

Which one do you have Mary?

The older one, apparently, it hasn't got a USB plug.  It did come with a bunch of replacement plugs though so I was able to change it out and plug it directly into the wall outlet in France.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes mine are like that too. I like that it is smaller than the first one I got that used briks for traveling. But the one with briks worked great at home too.