Skinit

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

I’ve been to Mackinac Island Michigan through northern Wisconsin but haven’t explored northern Wisconsin much yet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

I can't access the Skinit site right now as I don't live in the US and had to pay to access it via VPN. But you can go to the Skinit website and look for Med-El skins. Mine is called Northern Lights I believe. Let me know if you find it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow I cannot believe how many designs there are!!!  So amazed.

• HearPeers Heroes

I would love to see pictures of other people's skinit designs?!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie This particular Skinit will go away at the end of January when I change my mic cover:

Highclere.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I have a confession to make... Though I'm still awaiting my surgery date I have gone ahead and ordered some skinit covers. I do love colourful things and it feels like a positive way for me to embrace this rather emotional and frustrating process.

Anyway they arrived today!!! They were doing a special deal for ordering two, so I got two of course.

I will upload pictures!

• HearPeers Heroes

Beautiful!

And I have a confession to make too!  I ordered my Skin It covers early too!

@Kylie

• HearPeers Heroes

Nice, @Kylie!  And I ordered mine before I had processors too!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Lovely @Kylie

You will have to take a pic wearing them on your processor when you get it! I see you're excited about your journey. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Haha @Mary Beth @Mary Featherston I'm so glad it's not just me!

Yes I'm sure many pictures will follow @Jewel when I have all the hardware to put them on. It's nice to have some things to be excited about already.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I have been meaning to post pics of my Skinit decals - I have had 3 designs so far...  Here is the first.  You can tell because my hair is so short post surgery.

flowers2.jpg.a4e307108ea7defc511dacd03744e334.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Hmmm I can't seem to upload the third one - I reached an upload limit??

Love some of the SkinIts, but they are not making the shape that fits the Rhondo 2.  I wrote them requesting it and hope other people do too, so they realize there is a market!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Forrest

I wonder if it’s safe to put skin it covers on Rondo 2 because it charges upside down and generates a bit of heat.  Let’s check with @MED-EL Moderator.

Have you seen the design covers for Rondo 2?

On 5/6/2020 at 3:35 AM, Mary Beth said:

@Forrest

I wonder if it’s safe to put skin it covers on Rondo 2 because it charges upside down and generates a bit of heat.  Let’s check with @MED-EL Moderator.

Have you seen the design covers for Rondo 2?

Hi @Forrest & @Mary Beth,

thanks for your question. I will double-check with our product experts about applying skins or stickers to RONDO 2 and will get back to you. 

In general, we recommend - as Mary Beth said - design covers for RONDO 2. You can read more about them on our website: https://www.medel.com/en-us/hearing-solutions/accessories/design-covers

As an US user, you can also order them in the US webshop: https://www.medel.com/en-us/mymed-el-shop
Best, 

Verena 

22 hours ago, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi @Forrest & @Mary Beth,

thanks for your question. I will double-check with our product experts about applying skins or stickers to RONDO 2 and will get back to you. 

In general, we recommend - as Mary Beth said - design covers for RONDO 2. You can read more about them on our website: https://www.medel.com/en-us/hearing-solutions/accessories/design-covers

As an US user, you can also order them in the US webshop: https://www.medel.com/en-us/mymed-el-shop
Best, 

Verena 

Hi again @Forrest & @Mary Beth

I checked with our RONDO 2 experts and they told me the following: We recommend to refrain from applying design skins or other stickers to RONDO 2. Adding stickers may increase the weight of the single unit processor, moreover there is the risk that the microphone might be covered by accident. Since this does not happen with design covers, we recommend the use design covers instead of skins or stickers. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Best regards, 

Verena