totally off topic

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger - yes.  Spike, on the left, is 17.  Katy, the one on the right, is ... hm.  Thirteen?  Maybe 12.  I can remember Spike's age mainly because we brought him home shortly after 9/11.  Katy's year of joining the household didn't have such a milestone in it.  But they're both old enough that they do lie around sleeping a lot.  Katy still likes to play, she loves playing feather toy like your boy does, and carries little catnip toys all over the house.

@Mary Featherston you are so lucky having Spike at 17 years old!!! I hope Figo lives like that too!!!

I'm also surprised the size difference between the two of them, lovely cats you have, they are so cool aren't they?

I'm still thinking of adopting another cat to make company to our Figo but after we buy orur home, where we are living is an apartment and it is very small.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow @Mary Featherston. Spike has green eyes? What breed cats are they again? They are beautiful! 

Do y'all (you and @Daniel the Stranger) allow your cats to venture outside? When I had a cat it would present its prey.. as in lizards and rats...to me inside the house! Wonder if that's how yours are. 

I am yet to hear a cat purr! 

@Jewel our cat is an inside cat. He is only allowed to go out to a small fenced garden under supervision. We also take him out on a leash but he is never outside by himself.

What you mention is a normal behaviour for most cats, bringing prey home is a way to teach us to "find food or catch prey" that was taught by their mums when they were kittens.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel we don't allow the cats to go outside unless we're with them.  Katy doesn't like to go out at all, she gets panicky about finding the door again, but Spike hangs out on the deck with us sometimes.  He likes to go on the roof, which I kind of wish he wouldn't do. He does have green eyes.  Katy's are more yellowish.  They are both rescue cats so I don't know if they're from any special breed.  Our vet calls them DSH - domestic short hair.  Meaning, this is a cat.  🐱

@Daniel the Stranger - we never had more than one cat till we had the house.  Apartments aren't big enough for large populations!

@Jewel I don't know! My Audi also want me to talk in a CI meeting here in town in 2 weeks. She is not pushing me though but she is so happy with my progress that she wants me to share my experience. Let's see how it goes, I need to write something soon here for sure!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Daniel the Stranger

That's great! I think you should do it. You've gotten a lot of practice sharing your chronicles with us 😂. I'm sure you would do well. 

Let us know how it goes.