Who already has Rondo 2 or is waiting to receive Rondo 2?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Let’s make a list of Rondo 2 users and people waiting to receive Rondo 2,  so we know who to tag for Rondo 2 questions.

thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marcus Hopefully this topic will give you some people to ask about Rondo 2.  Good luck!

I saw it and put a demo on my head.  It’s sleek looking and incredibly light.  I am eager to read user’s reports about sound quality and battery life.

• HearPeers Heroes

I haven't heard from my audiologist yet - still waiting!

Just came home from California 

the audi called this morning to tell me the rondo 2 is here and my appt is next Tuesday 

cant wait 

still haven’t heard from the email about the cost foe extra covers

• Like 2

I received my Rondo2 the other day but I won’t be getting it programmed until April when I see the audiologist.

i am having second thoughts on the Rondo 2  Iam bilateral only qualified for one free one ,insurance will not pay for a second one,

Cant use Roger with Rondo,Rondo has only one mic Sonnet has 2. not to be negative what is all the hype about Rondo.

iI will be seeing the Med El Rep in January but I like some feed back in the meantime 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

We can use Roger with Rondo2.  We use the Roger MyLink neckloop receiver.

I have tried all the different mic option settings on the Sonnets, and I prefer to use the omni mic setting which uses one mic.  For me it gives me better access to sounds.  I use adaptive (one of the 2 mic setting options rarely when I am in a lot of noise).

I have quite a few friends who function great with their CIs and they use Rondo processors.  I love my Rondos for waterwear and when sweating.  I hear just as great with my Rondos as my Sonnets.  The ONLY time my Rondos are more difficult is when there is a lot of noise behind me close by.

Rondo 2 is quite an easy to use processor for young children, people with visual difficulties and people with limitations in fine motor finger movements.  

I am intrigued by the Rondo 2 but hesitant due to its battery set up.

Thanks for the info Mary Beth butci can’t see or justify buying a second Rondo 2 and then buying the neck loop I am unsure about the one mic

I use the adaptive settings very successful. 

• HearPeers Heroes

When I selected my processor for my first CI surgery, I fell into a promotion from Med-El which enabled me to select a Rondo.  Every year I comment about how fortunate I was to fall into a promo because I absolutely LOVE my Rondo in waterwear.  I would’ve never realized how incredibly great things sound and how comfortable the Rondo in waterwear is to wear.

You may prefer the Sonnet but I encourage you to try the Rondo 2.  You don’t have to buy anything.  Just see what you think.

O I intende to try the Rondo 2 by wearing both the the Sonnet and Rondo and just thr Rondo.You have to keep current with this otherwise you may loose out on a promotion or upgrades no matter what your personal feelings are.

• HearPeers Heroes

I asked my aud about the Rondo 2 when I was setting an appointment to see her.

she said she was told delivery before the end of the year.

that was last week. I am told I should hear from scheduling this week.

well today 11/30, would have been 2 days ago but due to delivery complications with FedEx, I received my Rondo 2.

wow I was soooo excited to finally receive my Rondo 2!!!!

it came in a box with a magnet 35, recharger, and a few other items. Instructions sad it needed to be fully charged before use and must be programmed by the aud. Ok fine.

i tried to assemble the magnet and read that you need a tool to do so. REALLY!!?? And that it it sold separately REALLY.  Seriously?

well I managed to get it put together and started the  charging.  It’s a  good thing I had already started the process to get a appointment before I received it

i love MedEl and it’s products, and relationships with Phonak but I feel that omitting the magnet insertion tool was not a great idea.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Is your Rondo 2 from the plus Rondo 2 promotion?

What was included in your kit?

Was the mini battery pack that uses a disposable battery included?

I heard that our audiologists have to insert and change the magnet.  I’m not sure why since we can change magnets in the D-coil, DL-coil and Rondo.

What color mic covers were included?

I’m excited for you!  I hope your appt is soon. Can’t wait to hear all about the Rondo 2!

By the way.....do you have a Rondo 1 too?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey @Jdashiell

I'm glad you got your Rondo2. Some people have called Med-El and have been told when theirs is gonna be shipped. I emailed MedEl and they couldn't give me a timeframe. I know mine is going to my audi. I wish I was getting it at my December appointment. 

Please let us know how you find it once it is programmed. 

You said the Rondo2 magnet is 35? I hope they looked at which magnet each customer is already using so they ship the right magnet in the kit. 

• HearPeers Heroes
13 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jdashiell

Is your Rondo 2 from the plus Rondo 2 promotion?

What was included in your kit?

Was the mini battery pack that uses a disposable battery included?

I heard that our audiologists have to insert and change the magnet.  I’m not sure why since we can change magnets in the D-coil, DL-coil and Rondo.

What color mic covers were included?

I’m excited for you!  I hope your appt is soon. Can’t wait to hear all about the Rondo 2!

By the way.....do you have a Rondo 1 too?

Wow @Mary Beth 20 questions! 😜

yes the Rondo 2 promotion 

my kit included 2 Sonnets, but because I signed up for the Rondo 2 promotion, the MedEl rep took one Sonnet back at activationthe rondo2 kit included a rechargeable base for the built in recharchargeable battery. There was also a sheet that describes many things such as  charging before use. I read the manual about how to install the magnet and also about recharging.

i received 4 mic covers well color options. Lite grey, darker grey, black and blue.

i am very axcited and can’t wait to try it out soon. I’ll post about that here too.

and yes I have Rondo 1 too. I used those exclusively when I was first activated, and switched to Sonnets when ASM2 was activated.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Jdashiell!

I am eager to read everyone’s experience with Rondo 2 and especially those who can compare it to Rondo 1 since they already have experience with a one-piece off the ear processor.

staying tuned!  Smile

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

There seem to be 3 Rondo 2 magnet strength options for internal Synchrony users.

1S

2S

3S

My CI center has had magnets available for the DL and D coils when strengths needed to be changed.  Maybe they will have Rondo 2 magnets available as well.

B500E6EE-52FE-4F7E-AF63-24AAC9667213.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Why would the MedEl rep take back one of your Sonnets? You paid for that and the Rondo2 is a free additional device. 

I am glad she didn't take back my back up Sonnet as I wouldn't be amused. Who's your Med-El rep? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell - what Jewel said.  Or is your clinic not a two processor clinic?

• HearPeers Heroes
5 hours ago, Jewel said:

@Jdashiell

Why would the MedEl rep take back one of your Sonnets? You paid for that and the Rondo2 is a free additional device. 

I am glad she didn't take back my back up Sonnet as I wouldn't be amused. Who's your Med-El rep? 

Two processor clinic. 

Kit came with 2 Sonnets 

so what I get is 1 Sonnet 1 Rondo2

• HearPeers Heroes
41 minutes ago, Jdashiell said:

Two processor clinic. 

Kit came with 2 Sonnets 

so what I get is 1 Sonnet 1 Rondo2

That's not right, Joe.  I'm at a two-processor clinic and my original kits are for two Sonnets each.  The Rondo2 voucher is in addition to that.

• HearPeers Heroes

That’s what I was told by the MedEl rep who attended my activation 

also I said earlier that I received a magnet 35. Poor vision. It’s a 3s

• HearPeers Heroes

I think the demo Rondo 2 that I put on my head just to see how it felt was a magnet 2 for Concert internals.  (2 circles)