Who already has Rondo 2 or is waiting to receive Rondo 2?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

We have the same audi but I'm not sure whether we have the same Med-El rep. So it's strange to me that they would take back your Sonnet that could come in handy down the road.

When was your surgery again? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Carolmarie

the extra Rondo 2 covers are in the Med-El USA online shop now.  Free shipping til the end of the year I believe.

They seem to cost $75 for a set of 4.  (The Sonnet Mic covers cost $15/each, so $60 for a set of 4.)

Rondo 2 waterwear pack costs $45.  (Sonnet waterwear pack costs $50.)

80B2A657-D47C-4119-9862-7C8B432425B4.png

• HearPeers Heroes

That makes sense, the Rondo2 covers are larger than Sonnet mic covers, and it also makes sense that the waterwear is cheaper.  It's much simpler to make the ones for Rondos.

The covers for rondo 2  does all four have to be the same or can the four be all different  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Carolmarie

Items for Rondo 2 are just now showing up in the online shop so give it a few days and check back.

Europe has a few mixed cover sets but I haven’t seen a pick any 4 you want option yet.  It’s a great question though for your Med-El Customer Service Rep.  if you find out, please let us know.

I am so excited and at the same time so nervous

cant wait but it will be better

I have had mine in Australia for 3 months now, there is a problem with the magnet paint coming off onto the water wear. 

I got mine because I lost my rondo 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kim

I saw a picture of that.  Was it your Rondo 2?

I was surprised that the magnet had paint on it.  

Do you like how things sound with your Rondo 2?  Any problems with hearing hair noise?

How long is the battery lasting for you?

Thanks for sharing your Rondo 2 experience.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:31 AM, Mary Beth said:

Yas! came back from Canada to a red box

Appointment January 14th i'll let my favorite Audi walk me through and put the maps on.   Looking forward to use it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

YAY!  Will you charge it up before your appointment so you can wear it that day if you wish?

Thanks @Mary Beth i guess I should

Also want to add, @Jdashiell , if i'm not mistaken,  the promo was *PLUS* Rondo2 so I'd shoot an email to MedEl account rep for clarification, unless you really don't mind they took the Sonnet

• HearPeers Heroes

Gotta love those red boxes full of smaller boxes!  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan

Its going to get exciting reading everyone’s Rondo 2 experiences!

• HearPeers Heroes
21 hours ago, Carolmarie said:

The covers for rondo 2  does all four have to be the same or can the four be all different  

What I saw in my Rondo2 kit was 4 additional covers, each one different color. Well the are are 4 colors the one attached was the same as the one in the 4 additional.

what I mean is black attached plus 4 more covers- black, dark grey, lite grey, and Blue (I think it’s blue).

Joe

• HearPeers Heroes

Maybe you can match the mystery blue cover to one of these choices.  Or perhaps they added a blue cover to the option since this was published?

@Jdashiell

BDB9C503-8EB2-4A60-A19A-8E2C33E9E2C7.png

98498740-68F4-4F13-B2AA-4FBF7007BF03.png

73C7053B-F835-4E94-887C-CDA10617C3DD.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Does this Plus Rondo 2 kit include a sample GripWear or a sample waterwear?

I had received two Rondos.  One was a processor I selected at activation since my center is a two processor center.  The other one was a plus Rondo promo from Med-El for my second surgery.  Those two kits were different.  That’s when I learned that in the US, there are multiple types of kits.

-at activation kits connected to surgery (This seems to be the most extensive kit.)

-upgrade kits purchased later on to upgrade from our present processor to a new processor.  Can be paid by insurance or self-pay.  (These kits do not include as many items as the activation kits.)

-promo kits (like Plus Rondo 2 or Plus Rondo) (These kits do not include as many items as the activation kits.)

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah. I thought we would get the pretty bag for the Rondo2 per the Med-El vid but alas no case comes with the promo kit apparently. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I am not even sure if surgical kits in the US will include the backpack version (deluxe kit).

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

Oh well. It's a neat bag. But I shan't complain. I am just happy that I benefit from the promo. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes!  A free Rondo 2 beats a backpack any day!

• HearPeers Heroes

I asked on the Med-El US official FB page

Here is the response....

Hi Mary Beth, the length of the cable is about 95 cm and the RONDO 2 covers in one pack will be the same design. Thanks for your questions!

(The cable length is the mini battery pack cable)

Received my Rondo2 in mail. Have to take it to my next Audi appt to activate. I was shocked to get it because my auni discussed there was a backup in orders and I might not get one until spring.