Who already has Rondo 2 or is waiting to receive Rondo 2?

Mary Beth

Yes,I got mine last week. I see my audiologist in April I’ll take it then to get it programmed.Yes my audiologist wasn’t real sure about the shipment time line also

• HearPeers Heroes

I noticed that the same charger that is included in the US Rondo kit is available on Amazon.  In case anyone wants a spare charger at work or somewhere.

• HearPeers Heroes

APRIL, Dave?  Why not go in before then? 

I have an audiology appointment on the 19th and am hoping I'll get them then

30 minutes ago, Mary Featherston said:

APRIL, Dave?  Why not go in before then? 

I have an audiology appointment on the 19th and am hoping I'll get them then

Lol @Mary Featherston I also have an appointment on the 19th... so many coincidences with our journeys lol!

• Like 1

April is out for me we go to Florida in April ,I have made my hotel reservations for September  as I thought this is what we decided upon .We still get snow here in Pittsburgh in April 

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

April is out for me we go to Florida in April ,I have made my hotel reservations for September  as I thought this is what we decided upon .We still get snow here in Pittsburgh in April 

No, April is when you said you're going to the audiologist.

@Daniel the Stranger I'll be thinking of you while I'm at the audi!

• Like 1

Huh......  cool!  Thanks for the thread!  I admit I feel kinda out-of-touch clueless and almost forgot I'm gonna get one soon, even though I read through a bunch of Rondo threads back when I started hear to get familiar with the differences/lingo/etc, but have since forgotten a lot of it and am not sure what I should know about it, or will like/dislike, or should take advantage of!  
My audi and I haven't chatted at all since I last saw her in October, I guess I kinda assumed we would bring this all up when I see her next week.  I'll let you know.  Honestly, I think the Rondo would be kinda awesome for being out of the way... my main 'complaint' (minor as it is) about my Sonnet, is just the once-in-a-while tilting off my ear, or the too-loud sensitivity with my hair brushing right on the microphone when I'm trying to keep it tucked out of the way.  I couldn't really say anything one way or other about the microphones... feel like I 'should' be trying out my programs more, but for daily life I tend to be just fine with the regular omni setting on my Sonnet, so don't have much to compare that to.... maybe I should look up a refresher on feature differences.

You won’t believe it

my appt got cancel until January 

the right hand in the office doesn’t know what the left hand does

i cried all day yesterday

the Audi want the med-el rep to come in to do it

i am the only one in the area but she knew since May and did nothing

but thank you very much for checking on me

• HearPeers Heroes

I’m sorry to hear that @Carolmarie.  I know you were so excited.

Hang in there.  I look forward to hearing all about your January appt.

• HearPeers Heroes

Today I received a card in the mail from Med-El saying they would be shipping my Rondo2s "soon".

I really hope they mean the soon part.  I have an audiology appointment a week from tomorrow.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth to the clinic.  It's still possible they'll be there by next Wednesday, but I'm actually less confident now that I've received the card.

• HearPeers Heroes

I know how you feel @Mary Featherston. I didn't get a card but when I reached out to Med-El a few weeks ago all they said was "hopefully soon."

I was hoping I would get my Rondo2 this week when I go for my mapping but since my audi hasn't contacted me I guess my Rondo 2 hasn't been shipped yet. 

I am quite disappointed. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel is it possible they have it and just didn't say anything, knowing you're due to come in?  Last time I spoke to my audiologist we agreed that she would email if they arrived early enough to make a separate appointment worthwhile and otherwise we'd take care of it next week.

(I hope, I hope)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

When I had asked my audi a while back where the Rondo2 would be shipped to, she told me that as soon as it reaches the CI center she would let me know. I will find out tomorrow! 

But I have postCI testing tomorrow so Idk whether she will do any mapping. I think I still need my mapping to be tweaked a bit. When I'm on my phone and my brother starts talking to me I'm totally unaware. He feels I was hearing better before the last mapping. 

Implanted three months ago, activated two months ago. Spent quite a bit of time learning all about my synchrony and yesterday I get a postcard stating a rondo 2 for me is on the wat to my doctor. And I was finally starting to get the hang of everything 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

I am sorry that hearing about your Rondo 2 is causing you some distress.  It is just another processor option and you do not have to choose to use it.  You can stay using your present processor.  Maybe talk about it with your audiologist and she will guide you.  You can always wait to start trying it out.

I have 3 types of processors and can switch between them.  It is great to have backups when something goes wrong.  

You may find it more comfortable to stay with the processor you are presently using for awhile and after everything stabilizes and you feel ready to try the Rondo 2, you can start using it then.  Just a thought.

I hope you reach out to Med-El and ask to have a Consumer Engagement Manager contact you.  They can help a lot.  There is a lot to learn in the beginning and many of us feel overwhelmed.  Hang in there.  It gets easier,

• HearPeers Heroes

My Rondo2 is here! My audi didn't think of charging it before I came 🙁