Who already has Rondo 2 or is waiting to receive Rondo 2?

Mary Beth

@Hearing Again

As @Mary Beth suggested, I hope you will reach out to Med-El and your audiologist for some guidance. It’s perfectly fine to wait til you’re more comfortable with your current processor before trying the Rondo2.

Like she said, hang in there...it DOES get easier! Best of luck to you.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

No. She said Med-El hasn't sent them the cable so she can do the mapping. Plus she hasn't gotten the key to lock the magnet. 

• HearPeers Heroes

These Rondo 2s require new things from our audiologists too....

-different MAPping software (Maestro 7) to get comfortable using

-Rondo 2 programming cable and magnet tool (like @Jewel mentioned)

-first processor from any brand that I am aware of that has a kit which ONLY functions by rechargeable batteries (since the mini battery pack and cable are not included in these US kits)

And for audiologists who work with all 3 FDA approved brands, they are dealing with these changes from all three companies.

Thank you Mary Beth, after hearing from you and others on this site, talking to Med-el, and researching the Rondo for two days now, I am really looking forward to it. And I knew before I got the implant that it would be a journey not an instant fix but you get depressed anyway. Needed to hear all the good things you and others are saying on here. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

When is your appointment to map the Rondo2? Make sure they have the things required. 

@Mary Beth

I think my audi said the kit was shipped with 3S but she thinks I should try a stronger magnet so she will enquire whether there is a stronger one. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I am hoping to use a weaker magnet in Rondo 2 than I use in Rondo since it is noticeably lighter than the Rondo, but time will tell.

76F6DDC6-33C5-4221-9E5D-AA5841383015.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Mary Beth

She was trying the magnet against my head and that must be why she wants to try the stronger one. 

I told her that omni is my least used mic setting. She said that Rondo2 is only omnidirectional. So I will see if I like it in 2019!

• HearPeers Heroes

For me omni in ASM 1(automatic sound management) sounds different from omni in ASM 2.  Rondo 2 uses ASM 1. Sonnet uses ASM 2.

Omni may sound different to you in the Rondo 2.  I hope you like it. @Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

Lots of people here getting their Rondo 2s programmed in January!  Should be exciting,

• HearPeers Heroes

I emailed my audiologist and she confirmed that she has mine, so I'll receive them next Wednesday!

• Like 2

That great will she be able to program it,and have the the tool to insert the battery.There is a sheet in the box saying a special tool is need to insert the battery,.Hope she has it and all charged up for you.

On page 29 in the Rondo 2 user Manual it has to be purchased separate but CI center should have it I would think . I  looked a My Rondo kit and the magnet is not installed, I am sending my audiologist an email tomorrow on this I don’t see her until April.

I really think this should been included 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

There would be no need for us to have the magnet tool unless we also had a different magnet to switch to right?  Our audiologists will have the tool and the programming cable and if we are fortunate, they will also have spare magnets of different strengths if we need to trade.

Yes I agree however I’ve read where some audiologist were not aware so it doesn’t hurt to ask before hand

• HearPeers Heroes

It never hurts to ask.

When the DL-coils were first released in the US, many audiologists were not locking the magnet into either the + or - position.  The magnet then moved and cracked the DL-coil covers.  

So it never hurts to ask.  There is a lot to learn for everyone when new processors are released.

• HearPeers Heroes

Also my Rondo, OPUS2 and Sonnet kits all included more than one magnet strength.

The Rondo 2 kit seems to be including only one magnet strength.

Have the more recent Sonnet kits included more than one magnet strength?

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

Have the more recent Sonnet kits included more than one magnet strength?

Mine didn't.  My audiologist changed the strength of my magnet a couple of times but it wasn't in my boxes.  I imagine that most often people use a magnet that works for most; it's a lot more economical to provide replacement magnets to the clinics than to ship them to a bunch of people who will likely not use them. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

The eagle has landed.  As a person who uses the Omni setting on my Sonnets, I really couldn't hear any difference at all - the Rondo2 sounded great!  It's light and mine have the same magnet strength as my Sonnet.  The MAP is the same as on my Sonnets and didn't need adjustment.  I think these are going to be great!

Rondo2box.jpg

Rondo2.jpg

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Yay!  I can’t wait to hear every detail about your experience with Rondo 2s.  Do you plan on using them for awhile or only as back ups?

Don't be surprised if you need to increase the volume on your device or Artone a little as now the telecoil in the Rondo 2 is slightly higher than in your Sonnet.