Who already has Rondo 2 or is waiting to receive Rondo 2?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

And @Mary Featherston

Cool that you can use the same magnet strength as in your DL-coils.  With Rondo 1 I have to increase magnet strength from my DL-coils.

• HearPeers Heroes
12 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

And @Mary Featherston

Cool that you can use the same magnet strength as in your DL-coils.  With Rondo 1 I have to increase magnet strength from my DL-coils.

Actually, my audiologist was a bit worried about that because though Rondo2 is lighter than Rondo, it's still heavier than the Sonnet magnet.  But they seem to be okay.

• HearPeers Heroes
17 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Yay!  I can’t wait to hear every detail about your experience with Rondo 2s.  Do you plan on using them for awhile or only as back ups?

Don't be surprised if you need to increase the volume on your device or Artone a little as now the telecoil in the Rondo 2 is slightly higher than in your Sonnet.

@Mary Beth I think I'll be using them - I will probably still use the Sonnets too, but I'd like to give these some whole days of use.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Has that sudden increase in volume and clarity of your new side remained? What did your audiologist say about that?

• HearPeers Heroes
56 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Has that sudden increase in volume and clarity of your new side remained? What did your audiologist say about that?

It wasn't the new side, it was the combination of both.  She said basically that it's hard to know the cause.  The new side is still far less clear than the old - I let myself fall in love with the combination of the two and let my rehab slip.  I'm going to be good now. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Also, just as another data point, during my appointment today I had my right (first) Sonnet and my left Rondo2 on together and it was seamless.  I couldn't tell the difference.  Maybe I will once I get farther along the journey, but just today they seemed very similar.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

It may be that people who are using omni with Sonnets transition between Sonnets and Rondo 2 quite easily since Rondo 2 also uses omni mic setting.

I can not use my OPUS 2/Rondo 1 omni MAPs on my Sonnets in omni.  We had to create special MAPs for Sonnets for me.

So if I get Rondo 2s, we will probably transfer my OPUS 2/Rondo 1 MAPs to the Rondo 2.

I can switch between OPUS 2, Rondo 1 and Sonnets easily.  

I find my OPUS 2 and Rondo 1 processors to be very easy to use and very reliable.  My Sonnets have presented many more problems.

It is the ease of use of the Rondo 2 that appeals to me.  It’s just that battery limitation I worry about.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 5:56 PM, Jdashiell said:

I asked my aud about the Rondo 2 when I was setting an appointment to see her.

she said she was told delivery before the end of the year.

that was last week. I am told I should hear from scheduling this week.

well today 11/30, would have been 2 days ago but due to delivery complications with FedEx, I received my Rondo 2.

wow I was soooo excited to finally receive my Rondo 2!!!!

it came in a box with a magnet 35, recharger, and a few other items. Instructions sad it needed to be fully charged before use and must be programmed by the aud. Ok fine.

i tried to assemble the magnet and read that you need a tool to do so. REALLY!!?? And that it it sold separately REALLY.  Seriously?

well I managed to get it put together and started the  charging.  It’s a  good thing I had already started the process to get a appointment before I received it

i love MedEl and it’s products, and relationships with Phonak but I feel that omitting the magnet insertion tool was not a great idea.

I was lucky my aud had an extra tool and she was sweet enough to give me one 

• HearPeers Heroes

After a bit more use of the Rondo2s, I'm thinking that I will ask for a separate mapping.  I'm finding differences in how they sound that make it hard to go from Sonnet to Rondo2 without an adjustment period.  @Mary Beth did you have that with your Opus2s and the Rondo?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

OPUS 2 and Rondo 1 share the same listening platform just in BTE or one piece processors.  To me, they sound the same.

Sonnets use ASM 2 and have different microphone sensitivity and require different MAPs for me.  

I have MAPs that work great on any ASM 1 processor.  And separate MAPs for the Sonnet in ASM 2.

When Sonnets were also in ASM 1 in the US until May 2017, they worked great on my ASM 1 MAPs. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Rondo2 programmed 12/26/18!!!

i love it 

what’s missing is a built in Roger Receiver and a 2nd microphone with ASM2.

thus I need to get a Roger MyLink neckloop and a 2nd Rondo2 for my right side. 

The biggest feature of the Rondo2 is the all day built in rechargeable batter and the freedom of ear “real estate”.

did I say how much I love this Rondo2?!

Joe

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Tell us more @Jdashiell!  I am seriously considering it too.

same MAP as Sonnet or different?

stays on okay?

@Joan-check out Joe’s comments

• HearPeers Heroes

Same MAPPING as Sonnets plus a noisy environment program  for the Sonnets and. Backup program just Incase I don’t like the changes made to The programming 

I am using the 3S magnet and a shirt collar clip on

• HearPeers Heroes

Fun!  Enjoy your Rondo 2 @Jdashiell!

please let us know if the battery ever dies before a listening day is over

Do you like how your guitar sounds?

@Jdashiell I ditto @Mary Beth...enjoy your Rondo2 and your freed up ear “real estate” (one of my favorite things about my Rondos!)!  And please do keep us posted on the battery. Hoping for Rondo2s of my own within a year.😊

• HearPeers Heroes

Happy to hear that you're up and running with your Rondo2 @Jdashiell!

That means that mine will be up and running in two weeks! Can't wait! 

I must check whether I got any clip in the box. I don't recall seeing any. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I think it comes with two kinds of clips....a hair clip and a shirt clip

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

I think it comes with two kinds of clips....a hair clip and a shirt clip

Mine did too and my Rondos for both CI s included Botha’s well. However, having short, close cropped hair I am unable to use the hair clip. But since I tend to wear shirts frequently 😊 I make use of the shirt clips 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
3 hours ago, Joan said:

@Jdashiell I ditto @Mary Beth...enjoy your Rondo2 and your freed up ear “real estate” (one of my favorite things about my Rondos!)!  And please do keep us posted on the battery. Hoping for Rondo2s of my own within a year.😊

It’s now midday for wearing a Sonnet with recharging batteries on the right and the Rondo2 on the left. I was just signaled to change batteries on the right which will carry my thru to bedtime. The Rondo2 will last well beyond that but I will set it on the charging base tonight and have recharged batteries in the am for Sonnet and Rondo2 will be ready to go all day. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell You have Rondo 1 too right?  Isn’t it amazing how much lighter the Rondo 2 feels on your head?

• Like 1