Who already has Rondo 2 or is waiting to receive Rondo 2?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I think the Rondo 2 is quite good looking. 

@Jdashiell Do you miss not having the mic cover that acted like a shield ?  The Rondo 2 miccover is flush.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Do you plan on waiting until you are eligible through insurance for an upgrade or taking advantage of the self-pay trade in discount to get a second Rondo 2?

That's exactly what I've been looking for. It's fantastic not to worry about changing batteries mid day or in unexpected time.   However, going back to neckloop in order to use Roger isn't so great.  I do not have a neckloop,  what are good neckloop options for that?  So I understand rondo 2 has T coil, and i'll need to get a neckloop if I want to listen to media.  Is there an option for DAI? I don't see it. If anyone knows,  please share. TIA

• HearPeers Heroes
3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

That's exactly what I've been looking for. It's fantastic not to worry about changing batteries mid day or in unexpected time.   However, going back to neckloop in order to use Roger isn't so great.  I do not have a neckloop,  what are good neckloop options for that?  So I understand rondo 2 has T coil, and i'll need to get a neckloop if I want to listen to media.  Is there an option for DAI? I don't see it. If anyone knows,  please share. TIA

Neckloop must be Phonak Roger MyLink to use with Roger pen. Otherwise any active or passive neckloop will work with a Rondo (1 or2) tcoil. Then you can  connect to many  devices 

• HearPeers Heroes
56 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Jdashiell

Do you plan on waiting until you are eligible through insurance for an upgrade or taking advantage of the self-pay trade in discount to get a second Rondo 2?

Trade in. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

Streaming music, etc with Rondo 2.....I love Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop.

If you want to use a Roger transmitter (Roger Select or Roger Pen), you will need a neckloop receiver called Roger MyLink.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell and @Nikki

There are options for Roger MyLink neckloops so check prices if you want to save some money.

-audiologists sell them

-Connevans in the UK ships them

-eBay often has them too (MUST be ROGER MyLink NOT just MyLink)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

Technically there is an option for DAI but it is expensive and requires cables running from Rondo 2s to battery packs.  Not popular.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 11/30/2018 at 9:08 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Jewel

There seem to be 3 Rondo 2 magnet strength options for internal Synchrony users.

1S

2S

3S

My CI center has had magnets available for the DL and D coils when strengths needed to be changed.  Maybe they will have Rondo 2 magnets available as well.

B500E6EE-52FE-4F7E-AF63-24AAC9667213.png

@Mary Beth

I just looked at page 27 of the Rondo 2 manual. There are actually four magnet strengths for the Synchrony implant. I just tried my 3S magnet and it held on fine to my head. I guess the audi felt that once the Rondo 2 is attached to the magnet I may need something stronger. I hope not. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel, my Rondo2 magnets are the same strength as my Sonnet ones and it's fine. 

I am wearing my left Rondo2 today (no CI in right ear because I'm rehabbing the left) and I'm coming back to my original conclusion, that it sounds much the same as my Sonnet.  What I think it is, is louder.  I'm going to pull out my backup FineTuner and play with the volume.

• HearPeers Heroes
1 minute ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Do you like the perceived increase in volume or wish it was quieter?

Oh, for now it's fine, because I'm only using the left CI mostly, to force more rehab.  I've been streaming old TV shows, and most of the voices on (for example) Star Trek TNG are nice and clear.  (I'd forgotten how BAD the first season was, but that's not a CI thing!)

If it's still evident when I have my next appointment I'll ask about it and we'll either adjust these or the Sonnets.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Things may have changed but Med-El lists 3 magnet strength options for Synchrony internals and 4 magnet strength options for other internals (like Concert) for Rondo 2.

If I had to guess, I would think the other internals range to even a weaker magnet strength- not an extra strong one.

If the strongest magnet for internal Synchrony implants doesn’t work for you, I would ask your audiologist to contact Med-El directly to see if a stronger magnet can be made for you.  You never know what may be available if needed.

Synchrony magnets are marked with triangles.

All other internal magnets are marked with circles.

Let us know how things go.

CE69E581-D93E-403E-8516-E78AF9B9304D.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I just looked back at the manual. The Synchrony magnet strength for Rondo 2 goes up to 4S. 

The strength for the other implants is 4.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Awesome!  You should be all set then if you need a stronger magnet!

@Nikki lots of magnet strength options for Rondo 2!

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Mary Featherston said:

@Jewel, my Rondo2 magnets are the same strength as my Sonnet ones and it's fine. 

I am wearing my left Rondo2 today (no CI in right ear because I'm rehabbing the left) and I'm coming back to my original conclusion, that it sounds much the same as my Sonnet.  What I think it is, is louder.  I'm going to pull out my backup FineTuner and play with the volume.

@Mary Featherston

What magnet strength are your Sonnets? I'm using 4+ but lately I'm feeling blood rushing to the magnet area so I'm going to ask the audi to try it at 4- next week. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

Maybe I am looking at the wrong place because I tried again on the US Med-El page and it still lists 3 magnet strength options for Synchrony internals under technical info.  Maybe they didn’t update it yet.

on Med-El International page I see 4 Synchrony magnet strength options like you.

65BF44DD-DE21-4438-9BA7-05B7CE81FB45.png

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel, they are 3.  Actually, come to think of it, one's a 2, but both Rondo2s are at 3.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth

I just Googled Rondo2 magnet strengths. It took me to a PDF document. I don't know which site it was posted on. 

I hope I don't have to use 4S though. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I hope you don’t need it too.  It’s more comfortable to use weaker magnet strengths as long as they stay in place and have a good connection for transmitting the signal.